Wow. Gears Of War

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Have any of you guys played it yet. THE REVIEWS ARE GREAT. I went to EB this morning to pick it up but they said it wouldn't be in until tom morning. I then went to target and walmart but they didn't have it either. So I preorder and paid in full for it at Gamestop and will have it in themorning

Last edited:
About a week ago I was watching the channel Gameplay HD on Dish, they were rebroadcasting the E6 Coverage(I think, I maybe wrong :p ). One one the host was interviewing someone(ahhh maybe the Chief Developer I don't know or care). He was actually playing the game, and explaining the character control, some tips and the game play itself. If what I saw was real, hehehehe then this should be a great great game. After I watched that coverage I got so hooked up, that I can wait until tomorrow to have it. I just hope that my ISP company finally solve out latency problems, last night they were changing servers and dping some upgrades, so they say.

Love the song they lifted from Donnie Darko for the ads..... A piano only rendition of an old Tears for Fears song "Mad World".

Supposedly the game pushes the system to its limits, but the gameplay is fantastic.....

Best Buy didn't have it yesterday, but said it was hitting the Brick, NJ store today.

what about call of duty 3, that looks bad ass

Call of Duty 3 is already out on the 360 and scored an 8.8 from IGN. I appears to be a very good game.

The difference between Gears of War and Call of Duty is one is already being talked about being "Game of the Year", the other, a fun, good game.

I saw it at GS about a week ago - great graphics, I admit.

Too bad console controls still laughable... ehh, maybe my new Wii.

Do you not like the 360 controller. For me, it the most comfortable out there. What do you not like about it?

Every console controller sucks big time. It's impossible to aim properly with a console conrtoller - they are perfect for action-platform games, fighting games but useless for fast-paced FPS, let alone RTS games.

What do you think what would happen if I could log in to a console UT2k4 server? :)

Bloodbath. :D

Every console controller sucks big time. It's impossible to aim properly with a console conrtoller - they are perfect for action-platform games, fighting games but useless for fast-paced FPS, let alone RTS games.
T2K is right, I play on both, consoles and PC platforms and is very efficient to use the mouse for aiming purposes. For example I compared played the x360 DEMO of fear and I even got dizzy. FEAR is one of my favs on the PC Platform.
But that's just me, you should see my kid playing Halo 2, he has entered over a dozen competitions over the last 2 years, and won several of them. The little creep beat my ass easily and I tought was very good at it. You have to remember that is a matter of get used to play with the controller, and all players will be playing under the same conditions.

Ok getting back to GOW. I got it last night at EB. Took me a while to get used to the controls, got a little dizzy too :D, because I never tought that the controller response will be that fast. I love the Cover and Shoot, the realism that you can move while you are avoiding fire. But I hate the process of shooting the frags, I should pressing a single button only.
Graphics outstandind, sound superb. I even tested it with my Bose Triport headphones just to analize the sound movement(it was late, wifey was bitching)

But the main fact is that the game is fun to play, the X360 needed that because I haven't had this much fun in a game after I stopped playing Call of Duty 2.

Can wait to leave work to play again, just told my friend that there wont be bowling for the tonight, just GOW..

Last edited:

What do you think what would happen if I could log in to a console UT2k4 server? :)

Bloodbath. :D

Yea you are kinda right but i really like both PC and Console. Sometimes i really like gaming on my pc. Sometimes i really like sitting on the couch and playing console.

Yeah, Gears is a definite GOTY candidate. The graphics and sound are superb, but even better than that, the gameplay is spot on. Good story on campaign mode, controls like a dream. Its one of the few games that actually lives up to the hype.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts