WOW Good job Dish

djsegura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Colorado
So I constanly read about all the BAD so thought I would share some good. So my one of my 622's died and I jumped on Chat yesterday about noon, explained all my symptons and what I have already done for troubleshooting and to my surprise I got no grief from tech support just a quick well since you have done all the trouble shooting lets send you out a new receiver. So about 10 mins later the chat was done and I was happy with the results. Now fast foward to today I get a call from the wife the replacement reciever is already at the house. Great Job and thanks:up:up:up:up

Thanks for posting a positive result. I don't think we hear enough of the positive on this site. Everyone knows that it's just the way thing go on forums though.

I actually had a great experience with Dish last weekend. I called to add a receiver to my brother-in-law's account. I have experience hooking receivers up so that was easy for us. I called Dish and got a very nice American lady who spoke very clear english and she was very helpful. I got the receiver activated and had programming shortly. I just considered myself lucky. I do call Dish a lot being a retailer though and I know that you can get crappy CSR's and great CSR's.

I would like for it to be a 722 but I am sure it is just another reman 622 but who knows maybe I will get home and be surprised. What ever it is as long as it is working I am fine with it.

So I constanly read about all the BAD so thought I would share some good. So my one of my 622's died and I jumped on Chat yesterday about noon, explained all my symptons and what I have already done for troubleshooting and to my surprise I got no grief from tech support just a quick well since you have done all the trouble shooting lets send you out a new receiver. So about 10 mins later the chat was done and I was happy with the results. Now fast foward to today I get a call from the wife the replacement reciever is already at the house. Great Job and thanks:up:up:up:up

I had the same experience with Chat when I had problems with my 722. I told them I already did troubleshooting and they put in an order for a replacement without budging. Thanks Dish:clap:up:up:hatsoff:

There are probably more people with positive experiences than negative. We just have to hear the latter because of the nature of these type of forums...the complainers outweigh the pleased.

No service plan and I did get a reman 622

Ok, I would have pushed them for a 722 since it had a larger HDD and that you insist on getting a new box not some reman pc of junk... be wise to know that the reman units have been known to fail alot so make sure if you record something to watch it soon.

Ok, I would have pushed them for a 722 since it had a larger HDD and that you insist on getting a new box not some reman pc of junk... be wise to know that the reman units have been known to fail alot so make sure if you record something to watch it soon.

Replacements are always of same model.

be wise to know that the reman units have been known to fail alot so make sure if you record something to watch it soon.

Do you have any evidence for this statement ?

In my own personal experience, I have had far more "new" objects fail than "remanufactured" objects. And, in fact, logically, remanufactured should be better, because they have fixed any known problems.

In addition to the above, I don't think there are any new ViP622 or ViP722 units any more. Out of production. ViP722K might be available new, but they certainly aren't likely to agree to make that kind of trade, esp for no money.

Do you have any evidence for this statement ?

In my own personal experience, I have had far more "new" objects fail than "remanufactured" objects. And, in fact, logically, remanufactured should be better, because they have fixed any known problems.

I would have to agree with you my experince with reman equipment not only in the satellite field but other areas has been alot better than the new equipment. As far as recording space I have a external harddrive on both my 622's so that is not a issue.

Did you pay $15 to ship back your bad receiver?

E has issues with reman boxes.

OK E sp[ools some bad software that causes some boxes to flake, and subs call in droves and boxes get replaced sent to reman.

now in this flood of boxes who only didnt like the software, there are a percentage of real problems. its harder to weed them out, espically intermittent ones.....

and they go back out to haunt someone else.......

its not just E have had the same problem with my verizon cellphone. to get one good refurb it takes a minimum of 2 junk ones first

I had a brand new 722K that had a freezing problem. I called E* and they sent me a new 722K, I cant say if it is new or if it is a refurb, but I have had it for over a year and never had any trouble with it. If it is a refurb, which I suspect that it may be, it looked new, I.E. no scratches or scuffs or anything. I have also received a 622 in the past because I had to send one back for a bad HDMI input, and the refurb that I received was in excellent condition and worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)