Wow - MHD Picture quailty (pics included)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Wow, I was flipping channels last night and all the sudden MHD stood out. I don't know what was on, but all I can say is the quality just plain sucked for being HD. Maybe i'm used to RAVE HD from VOOM, but as you can see from these pics, there is something wrong - either the original program was shot this way, MHD did a bad job editing, or dish did a bad job compressing. Something went wrong. (and by the way, the following pics look exactly the way I saw them - so its not like I have a crappy camera that took the pics worse then they really where.)

1MHD.jpg

^Ok shot, but the crowd is very blurry^

2MHD.jpg

^The picture was really washed out like that^

3MHD.jpg

^Close up of a person in the distance^

4MHD.jpg

^Again, the person is really washed out like that, and its not my TV because it is properly calibrated^

5MHD.jpg

^they zoomed in a bit and it isn't was washed out anymore, but look that macro blocking!^

6MHD.jpg

^Even their logo wasn't clear - it usually says "Music High Definition" under it, but during this show, it was compressed so much you can't even tell^

So I don't know guys....What do you think?

I don't really know what the point of this post was, but I just thought i'd share these pics and see if anyone else has noticed things like this recently.

Attachments

• 1MHD.JPG
    1MHD.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 2MHD.JPG
    2MHD.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 3MHD.JPG
    3MHD.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 4MHD.JPG
    4MHD.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 5MHD.JPG
    5MHD.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 6MHD.JPG
    6MHD.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Two possibilities:

- Signal from 129 just passing below the edge of acceptable signal level, OR

- Just a crappy program

Live Sets: Lenny Kravitz looked fine...

wow!

just turned it on now, Life and Rhymes is on, looks as Sh$#y as your pics, thats worse than SD, all my other channels of hd look good to great ,that stinks ,glad i dont watch that channel much

Pray for 'a la carte. We can then punish crappy channels with pixelation and tons of unconverts and those channels that like to have pop-up advertising snipes.... by dropping them. The networks will soon get the message. Hopefully. I am tired of paying for crap pawned off as High Definition and crap that I would never subscribe to in the first place.

Not to start the ala-carte argument AGAIN, but I can't wait till the FCC orders it too. I love having a lot of channels to choose from but I don't want to pay for other people's choices like Sports etc. I would only pick about 20 -25 channels if I could and cut out the rest.

The RSN's in HD look like that as well. Dish is cramming too many MPEG 4 channels per transponder. They ruined the MPEG 2 channels after they went to 8PSK and then 3 channels per transponder and now they are F***ing up the MPEG 4 channels now! THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!!! They are trying to stay competitive with Directv. If they cared we would have FIOS quality.

MTV networks, what do you expect. The idiots who run it want to dictate what music we see and hear. Wish they would go away.

No, MHD runs HD music videos and concerts 24/7, one of my favorite HD channels.

I did compare the MHD channel on both DISH and DirecTV, did not see any visible difference between the two, so whatever observed on DISH above was either some weather related issue, or a bad source from MHD, or it could be some temporary technical issues at DISH’s end.

Pray for 'a la carte. We can then punish crappy channels with pixelation and tons of unconverts and those channels that like to have pop-up advertising snipes.... by dropping them. The networks will soon get the message. Hopefully. I am tired of paying for crap pawned off as High Definition and crap that I would never subscribe to in the first place.
Good post. If more people expressed this loud and clear maybe it would help. The problem is that garbage is forced into contracts just to get retrans rights to the good stuff. Then they're forced on us as the crap rolls downhill. Changes are needed at the legislation level but they're already bought and paid for. Only chance is to vote out every single incumbent running and keep doing it until they realize that consumers come BEFORE lobbyists.

Is it back today? If so, it could have been starving the 'normal' channels to give more bandwidth to the Olympics.

Good post. If more people expressed this loud and clear maybe it would help. The problem is that garbage is forced into contracts just to get retrans rights to the good stuff. Then they're forced on us as the crap rolls downhill. Changes are needed at the legislation level but they're already bought and paid for. Only chance is to vote out every single incumbent running and keep doing it until they realize that consumers come BEFORE lobbyists.

While there is lobbying involved, how the content providers wish to package their channels together is their right, Congress cannot force them into something just because you want it that way.

The same is true for the local networks serving only your local market, most of us cannot receive distant networks signals, because the content providers, in this case your local stations, represented by NAB, has the copy right law on their side, nothing the Congress can do to force them to give you the distant network signals.

Congress cannot violate copy right law just to suit your needs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts