Wow terrible service with Dish moving to Directv

For the response on the pro business side, two things(may not apply just generalized), but they typically operate during operatingn business hours. 9-5. I beleive they even go a little later than that, however, it's not guaranteed you'd be on the list for a call at that time. Secondly, anyone who is home would be welcome to go through the motions, and they will describe everything in detail on how to perform. It does not require someone technologically inclined, just someone who can operate the simple features in the remote, such as up down left right and menu. Your son should have been able to perform this, also your wife. I don't beleive they care who verifies the equipment and location, as long as they can be verified at a single address. You are given one opportunity to do it without them being disabled, but if cannot be completed, then to prevent the capability of setting up a way to get in touch with someone they are account stacking with, they disable the receivers. You can call the number listed, or CS to retrieve that number during normal business hours and they will allow you to walk through how to do it again. Only the receivers that cannot be verified will be disabled.
Lastly, the verification team is the only ones that can unlock the account after that. They always leave one receiver active so your service does remain active. Yes, I am a pro business guy, I do beleive that the people will decide which companies will survive, and I do not agree with rants against stipulations agreed to ahead of time. Ignorance of the proceedings does not absolve responsibility from the account.
I am also pro business. However businesses must treat their customers with a modicum of respect and courtesy.
Beg your pardon, but your posts appear to tab you as a "company guy".
I think you can make good points on this issue without the soap box.

It doesn't make it wrong either. It makes it beneficial to them. As mentioned, their bean counters have calculated acceptable loss. Same reason we haven't seen a change to the update time just yet. It will change, when there is no longer an acceptable loss.

You could share a second Hopper and/or Joeys to your neighbors (even in a separate dwelling), in a duplex, apartment, etc. The old way of account stacking where the person using "your" other receiver(s) could be anywhere, as long as they installed their own dish, are not applicable with Hopper/Joey setups, yes.
Maybe YOU would go through all that trouble.
Look, just stop it. Please.

Years ago when my boy was little and we had the 921pvr and 811 receiver along with 721 pvr and 501pvr in my bedrooms, I got a call on my cell phone. I was in my car headed to town to eat lunch and go to a movie with my family. I told them that and that there would be no way I could run an audit till that evening. When we got home the only receiver I had on was the 501 pvr. I called the number back on my cell and they were rude and acted like someone that had little man syndrome or short man complex. After I did all the numbers and jumped through all their hoops , they finally turned my receivers back on. This was after 5 years with DISH at the time. I now have 18 years come January and they have never called back since. I also have all my receivers hooked into my wifi and bridging enabled to my joeys & super joey. Even my unactivated 211k receiver, that I use to power my ota antenna, is still plugged into my internet connections so there will never be a reason for the DISH AUDIT NAZIS to call me back.
I have been with Dish since 1997. Not once have I been contacted by Audit. Never had my boxes connected to phone or internet. Of course I have just 4. Auto pay. AT 250.
I don't have any late pays. If the audits are random, I guess I've just been lucky.
I keep my list of receiver numbers with me in case I'm audited.
If they call the wife( her name is on the account as well) I'm screwed. She would reply with "what the hell are you talking about? I have no clue"

IMHO, the OP has a very short fuse. Let him go to Direct. And wait to see how long it is before he wants to leave them.
look, the OP may very well have a short temper. Short tempered or irate customers get little in the way of satisfaction. However, if one perceives they are being accused of something with zero evidence to support that accusation, it would not be out of line get a little salty with the accuser.
And it IS an accusation.

Maybe YOU would go through all that trouble.
Look, just stop it. Please.

Chad is actually correct in what he is saying, he's trying to help everyone understand. Dish has these practices in place because they are needed. I guarantee that everyone on this forum has done something against their contract with Dish or knows someone that has. Being a retailer I get numerous customers that come in asking how they can set up multiple places with one account. Bars are the worst ones, they want to use their residential account in their bar because it's so much cheaper.

If people would try and take advantage of Dish then Dish wouldn't need to audit accounts. People will never stop doing this so Dish has to find a way to catch them and the best way they have come up with is to randomly audit suspicious accounts. Maybe there are better ways of doing but what are they? Scheduling a time that works with the customer is not acceptable.

I have been with Dish since 1997. Not once have I been contacted by Audit. Never had my boxes connected to phone or internet. Of course I have just 4. Auto pay. AT 250.
I don't have any late pays. If the audits are random, I guess I've just been lucky.
I keep my list of receiver numbers with me in case I'm audited.
If they call the wife( her name is on the account as well) I'm screwed. She would reply with "what the hell are you talking about? I have no clue"
You can keep your list of receiver numbers just fine, but, there is a new location code issued to each receiver every 15 minutes and if you can't recite that you're screwed...

I would think if they all needed a wifi or internet connection to work(maybe some how on moca) the IP address would all match and if one didn't....maybe im simple but in this day and age Im sure 75% of theft would be impossible?

If there are multiple hoppers, and at least one is not online, it could indicate something with multiple solo nodes. Just one reason. Say you have two hoppers, and one is online, and the other is not, or running two separate IP addresses. That would be fishy.
Yes, That would raise the suspicions of any reasonable person.
I guess having none of the receivers connected to the internet would be better. This would probably allow that customer to not be bothered by Audit.
I don't like the hopper as it does not suit my needs. I have 4 tv's. Unless Dish comes out with a 4 tv hopper, no dice.
I don't even care if I ever get HD service either.

However businesses must treat their customers with a modicum of respect and courtesy.
No they don't and if they choose to operate that way, hopefully customers take their business elsewhere. When O'Reilly Auto Parts entered this area, I bought a rear wiper blade for our Odyssey that they assured me would fit (Honda uses a non-standard attachment method). Needless to say, it didn't and they gave me the biggest hassle over returning it... like it was my mistake, tried to make me take a store credit, etc. I told them to keep it and I wasn't concerned about the money back. They did end up giving me my money back and I've never gave them a penny since.

You can keep your list of receiver numbers just fine, but, there is a new location code issued to each receiver every 15 minutes and if you can't recite that you're screwed...
Then they can shut them off until I get home. If they no longer want my business after 18 years, that's fine.
I don't expect to be audited, but it could happen 5 minutes from now.
Just found the location ID....so they change this every 15 minutes?
Never knew that. Oh well.

Taking the way it happened as described by the OP, it sure sounds like something happened during his call to retention. Perhaps something didn't look correct and his call brought attention to it? I am NOT saying he is doing anything wrong, only that it isn't a coincidence he made the call and this happened.

Also this may be the first post where it is being said all receivers were turned off, one is normally left on, but also is this the first post of someone saying this happened with a Hopper set up? It seems like some piece of information is missing, and again not necessarily something being done wrong by the OP.

Just found the location ID....so they change this every 15 minutes?
They take this seriously, obviously. Every receiver software since (???) has had this designed in. They then have to design their "business" software (or whatever the audit group uses) to recognize those numbers too.

I thought at one time someone figured out the algorithm they use too so in theory, someone could generate valid ones.

Chad is actually correct in what he is saying, he's trying to help everyone understand. Dish has these practices in place because they are needed. I guarantee that everyone on this forum has done something against their contract with Dish or knows someone that has. Being a retailer I get numerous customers that come in asking how they can set up multiple places with one account. Bars are the worst ones, they want to use their residential account in their bar because it's so much cheaper.

If people would try and take advantage of Dish then Dish wouldn't need to audit accounts. People will never stop doing this so Dish has to find a way to catch them and the best way they have come up with is to randomly audit suspicious accounts. Maybe there are better ways of doing but what are they? Scheduling a time that works with the customer is not acceptable.
On a scheduling issue. I understand. However, if the audit team only conducts interviews during regular business hours, then they stand a high probability of not getting the info requested, or a no answer to the call.
For exmaple, if I do not recognize an inbound call, I let it go to voice mail. I have no time for what is most likely a telemarkerter.

It seems like some piece of information is missing
I said that and many of the other things you said yesterday. I think everyone would agree that these audits are random, so the odds of him getting audited the day after he calls into the department that handles people quitting is odd. People with Hoppers and/or Joeys being audited don't appear to be that common, but maybe they're starting. It appears that he has a Hopper and at least one Joey. Obviously may have more but a 2-box account, or maybe 3, aren't typically audited.

Reactions: Tampa8
Been through the audit process not once, but twice.Granted we have been dish customers for a very long time,its not a pleasant process.But we passed both times no problems, but they pull our name out of the hat again,I'm gonna scream.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)