Wow terrible service with Dish moving to Directv

In my observations through the years, the only one who loses during a failed Dish Nazi audit is Dish itself. 3 or 4 families stacking together get cut off by the audit.. The named account holder shuts off it's services, and another one of the stacking group gets service in their name including ALL new leased equipment. Now Dish is out all this new equipment and the stacking group is right back in business where it started, not really out anything other than a few days waiting to get new equipment. And this cycle continues anytime they get shut down.. Not condoning this practice. Just stating the facts. And yes, there are bad dealers out there that will continue to do these installs because it's money in their pocket that DISH just handed them because of the Dish Nazi Audit.

That's funny, we got people canceling Dish 10 minutes after they shut off the Cartoon Network!!:D

We have a little group that gets together every 2/3 weeks. We are all satellite guys in one way or another. Some guys are local retailers and others are installers and I know a few of those guys will install anything regardless. Sometimes they say that they do the install & the equipment is already authorized before hand. Then I said that it sounds like they were authorized at a different location first. They said looks like it but it's not their deal what the customer does with the equipment. Although most install the system & help the customer with activation. They said they install it all, Dish,Direct, stacked, non stacked, Canadian Dish's whatever and that its up to the customer what they do with the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, we got people canceling Dish 10 minutes after they shut off the Cartoon Network!!:D

It's been a few days now I haven't had a single phone call from any customers asking what happened to those channels. I don't even think my employees would have known if I didn't tell them.

Now, if they dropped ESPN, BTN or any of our local channels I'd really hear about it.

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tampa8
They call you if channels are gone ? Is that more of a"help, something's wrong with my Dish" call or bitching because "you", being " Dish" to them, did something ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last fall we had 8 weeks worth of local channel disputes that were off the air. My phone rang constantly, ended up switching most of them to Directv.

I have a customer that probably is technically considered an account stacker. He's an old guy pretty well off that lives by himself. There is 6 or 7 tvs hooked up in the house, don't recall equipment configuration but it took a 44 switch to accommodate everything.

Then there is the houseboat on the lake with a purchased 222 & 211 hooked up permanently on the same account. He occasionally goes to the boat to watch a ball game. It rarely leaves the dock except special occasions.

I can guarantee if the audit dept calls him he'll be calling me. He's not technical in any way.....
Last fall during 1 of the local channel disputes we called dish & ordered an ota module for 1 of the receivers in the house. At that time he had me added to the account as an authorized user.

So if they call it will be pretty much my choice on what to do. More than likely I'll just build a directv order & be done with it.

The only downside to directv is the kingdome when boat is out on the lake. It is not setup for 99 or 103, but no more than the boat is out of the dock that shouldn't be that big of deal.

Tell him to disable the receivers on the boat while away, and as long as his sole intention is one address at a time, he would be a dish "snowbird" account, but would be operating as a RV account.

Tell him to disable the receivers on the boat while away, and as long as his sole intention is one address at a time, he would be a dish "snowbird" account, but would be operating as a RV account.

He's an old guy that has a hard enough time with daily stuff. There is no way he'd even remember to do something like that.

It would boil down to me taking care of that & it ain't gonna happen.

They call you if channels are gone ? Is that more of a"help, something's wrong with my Dish" call or bitching because "you", being " Dish" to them, did something ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Some call because they truly think I'm Dish. Most others call because they don't want to call Dish and just expect me to know what is going on. A lot of them just want to complain to someone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)