WPCH - Atlanta

Driftwood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Atlanta
The channel was pulled weeks ago because of another dispute, the channel disappeared from the guide a couple of weeks later. I noticed yesterday the channel is again included on the guide (with the Important Info. label). I hope this dispute will be soon settled. Does anyone have an update?

Actually yes, It appears as of the 6th it is available again. Try 6369.

Actually yes, It appears as of the 6th it is available again. Try 6369.
Thanks for the response but just checked and I'm not getting 6369 in Atl. I hope this get resolved soon since baseball season has started and this is our local Braves affiliate

It shows as being available on 6369 as of the 6th for those subscribed.... Not sure what's going on.

The 6th is probably when they put the channel back (as far as showing it on guide). When you tune to the channel, it's a 30 or so second spiel by some Dish rep stating that they have agreed but that they have not, in fact, completely agreed. She is vague but it sounds like it has something to do with what happens if the channel no longer carries braves baseball. If you tune to the channel it's probably running the same loop.

+1. I'm in the Atlanta market. While the channel is back on the guide, it's a loop of a dish rep explaining that it is in Turner Broadcasting hands. Apparently, peachtree wants the $$$ on a long term commitment, even if the braves are no longer playing on that channel.

Sounds fishy that Turner would do that. Ask for premium $$$ when they may know that they won't carry the braves games after, say 2015. Dish subs would suffer the most IF that were the case.

I never watch peachtree tv except for the braves. I have to side with dish on this one. Cover you.....IMO.

Ok, previous posters didn't mention the loop, that explains it showing as available. It's available to show the loop. I may not be totally up to date on this but I thought the channel was kind of in flux, being run by another channel, (WGCL?) but still owned by Turner. If they are possibly going to lose the Braves Dish would be smart to have that covered in the contract.

To TNGTon'ys point, WPCH has very good coverage. I installed an antenna today and WPCH has the strongest signal of all channels in the northwest suburbs.

Now, I called dish today and talked to retention. I have a 922 with no OTA module. The retention department was very nice and knew of the situation. The shipped me the OTA module at no charge via 2nd day. I was thankful for that and although these disputes in programming are a pain in the ***....Dish did right and sent me the OTA module for free. I'll just have to watch the home opener through my TV tuner instead of my Dish box. No big deal.

Nice job Dish. You kept a long time subscriber happy.

I agree with the other posters as Peachtree TV does have a very strong OTA signal in the metro. These negotiations I believe are a little more complex and odd than most. Meredith, who owns CBS Atlanta (WGCL), took over the management of the station and Time-Warner still owns the station. The bottom line is that the writing is on the wall that the Braves will at some point so longer be on Peachtree TV and what DISH is saying is actually legitimate.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that DISH and Turner Broadcasting System, the owner of WPCH Peachtree TV, have come to an agreement and this station has been restored.

This is excellent news for future Braves games. Thanks!