WPCW Pittsburgh

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
As of this morning, subchannels 19.3, 19.4 a 19.5 scan in under 19.1 WPCW Pittsburgh, but no signals exist. Could Santa be bringing Pittsburgh an early Christmas present? :) I'll certainly be keeping an eye on these to see if they become available. Has anyone in the area heard anything as to what subchannels these could possibly be?

interesting. Its owned by CBS and other than Decades and a MeTV in Dallas they dont have any subs
(yes I know its a CW but CBS does own it)

These three channels never scanned in before today. Later today, I'll see if they scan in using another TV.
If they barely scanned in the TV may not be able to decode the PSIP (what maps the channel numbers to the ones we know and use). I had that happen when I would DX this summer and it barely picked up a signal. Would show the RF number and not the PSIP number

Neat website (http://dxinfocentre.com/hepburn/logs/dxtv.htm)! This guy receives a lot of channels, but his antenna is located 67' high. I would love to get a tower someday for my antennas.
while height helps, its not the be-all to picking up stations.
When I lived at the lake house the antenna being mounted on the deck was better at getting Minneapolis (93 miles away) then on the roof (which was 20 feet higher). Sounds odd but its true. That dang digital....it works in funny ways

When I lived at the lake house the antenna being mounted on the deck was better at getting Minneapolis (93 miles away) then on the roof (which was 20 feet higher). Sounds odd but its true. That dang digital....it works in funny ways
I experienced this same thing. Sometimes even moving the antenna a few feet rather than higher makes a difference.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Me too. My antenna works better about 15 feet lower than it could go.

Reactions: Mr Tony
nobody on AVS posted it so I will assume its what Trip noted (picking up a distant signal and not enough to decode the PSIP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)