WPIX New York question

The Superstations are available in SD only unless you happen to live in that local area and then you can get that particular station in HD. So, if they continued to allow them for all subs, first, bluegras would be screaming for them to be HD and that would follow with the rest of the subs demanding the same thing. I don't think they want to waste HD transponder space for the limited subs....

NY guess is that the local CW stations see them as less of a threat/alternative if they are SD only. After all locals can ask for syndex for any duplicated programming.

The Superstations are available in SD only unless you happen to live in that local area and then you can get that particular station in HD. So, if they continued to allow them for all subs, first, bluegras would be screaming for them to be HD and that would follow with the rest of the subs demanding the same thing. I don't think they want to waste HD transponder space for the limited subs....
I would also like the Superstations to be in HD, but I think the recent transition to widescreen SD is a fair compromise.

If you don't see one in your guide go to the DISH site and put in your zip see if they show a CW.

Local TV Channels & Programming | DISH

Doesn't show one

Untitled.png

WPIX is back. Or at least it is for me. I "moved" back to Joplin last night and didn't see the channel in the guide, so I emailed Dish this morning. Brian in the Denver corporate office called and remoted in to the receiver. After verifying that the channel was missing, he sent a hit to the box and then and it reappeared. Now THAT is what I call excellent customer service!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts