Wracking my brains on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok back during the 80's and 90's there was this table top / desk top tilting wave maker that was basically a long acrylic rectangle that had a clear liquid and a blue liquid in it that when it would tilt from side to side would make the blue liquid act like a sea wave and usually there was a boat/dolphin/surfer riding the wave. I haven't seen these in about 5 years but I need to either find the manufacturer of these or find out what the two liquids are in these boredom breakers so that I can make a critical part of an upcoming project for school. Does anyone here remember these and have any idea where I can find out the information? I've googled tilting wave maker, wave making machine, desktop wave maker, desktop wave machine, executive desktop wave display and come up with nothing so far and looking at websites like sharper image didn't help as they don't sell them anymore.

Theres a pic on this craigslist posting that went up half an hour ago of what I'm talking about if that will help anyone to help me out. I asked about this on yahoo answers and was given the idea that it was oil and water and drop or two of detergent.

NEW Desktop Ocean Wave Maker

Thats what I'm looking for as far as what it is I just need to found out what the two liquids are. I know that both have to be safe in that if the cases break the liquids wont release toxic gas or burn holes through tables and the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts