laps

Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Cyprus
Hi
By mistake i uploaded wrong firmware to a Satlook Digital NIT
I am trying to upload the correct firmware with folowing procedure:

1. I connect the serial RS 232 cable.
  2. I start the FDL.exe program select Com port and push the send firmware button.
  3. I push OK and connect the power cable.
  4. I get connected to the instrument and a window opens and I choose the firmware to be uploaded push OK and instead of uploading it I get disconnected from the instrument ( a massage appears “lost conduct with instrument”

Wondering if there is a way to flash / reset or erase the instruments memory so as to load proper firmware. I send email to emitor and they told me to check my power supply. My power supply works just fine.
Thanks

ask them to email you a copy of the current firmware. I tried a few on the net and had it completly messed up, they emailed me a copy and it worked great.

the power supply is very important, did this power supply work before ? are you sure ? lots will turn it on for a second, but only a really good one will keep it on. the satlook has a high draw thats for sure.

Could it be a com port configuration problem doing some type of port switch on you?

I was just about to do a firmware upgrade when I came to my senses and realized that the firmware is region specific with nothing new for me.

Thanks for your replies i will ask them to send me a working firmware. I tried to different power supplies and two different PCs so is no that

Yes as is aid i tried two different power supplies and two different PCs with no luck.

but is that PAL or NTSC firmware ?

email them and let them know where you are located and ask them to please send you the firmware you need. they will, they did for me.

They changed the site some time ago. It used to have a European version and a North American version clearly labeled but no more and no explanation

Exactly. Email em and ask them to send you the right ver for your locale. Enough people do that and maybe they'll update their website ;)

the one posted on the website ? you sure about this ? last time I used the one on the website my unit was stuck in PAL mode and had to email them to get NTSC firmware. but that was awhile back, like almost 2 years, just got scared after that, lol

the one posted on the website ? you sure about this ? last time I used the one on the website my unit was stuck in PAL mode and had to email them to get NTSC firmware. but that was awhile back, like almost 2 years, just got scared after that, lol

I see your point but the manufacturer states it is Multitv/audio (PAL, NTSC, Secam)

My satlook is
firmware version 02.23
firmware date 19june 2003
video controller 300595
Video conversion 0x00
DFrontendcnt MT312
NIT mode yes

This is fine on PAL and Secam but I dont have a NTSC OTA signal to receive in Cyprus but it takes the NTSC from my camera ok.
Hope this helps. If you hear from Emitor it would be interrested to hear their side.
Probably a stupid coment, but you have aren't connecting with a null modem lead by mistake?

Be careful. same thing for me two years ago.

With t he new web sit, they may have fixed it. But, gadget man is too scared to mess with what is working fine now.

I really do like the performance. Only thng that I miss is ability to toggle between dBm and dBv after downloading from memory. Works fine in the instrument but locks on dBv in the downloaded mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)