Wrong sat error?

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Ok my son was playing with the remote last night (2yrs old) My wife said he did something to cause us to loose most of the channels. I came home from work to figure it out. All the PPV and a few channels was there. Called Dish they walked me through everything I tried, Checkswitch, power cycles etc.., When I go to the point dish screen it was showing 110 locked good signal and 119 not locked good signal? the said the 119 lnb went bad. Wanted $150 to come out and swap or buy their warranty. I get up this morning and change inputs on my DP twin and go back in and the reversed I get 119 locked good signal but 110 not locked good signal. I am missing the channels I was getting and I am getting the channels I wasnt. At least the core seems to be on 119. Any suggestions?

Chas

run a check switch and see what happens

otherwise, do a hard reboot. Unplug the unti for 30 seconds and re-plug in

Iceberg said:
run a check switch and see what happens

otherwise, do a hard reboot. Unplug the unti for 30 seconds and re-plug in

I Tried a check switch and it says warning only one input detected. Unplugged it and stil didnt fix it. Any other suggestions

Thanks for the quick reply simon.

PS> Its a 510

I'm not simon :)

unplug the line from the back of the receiver and run check switch with nothing attached. That will clear everything.

Hook back up and retry check switch.

It almost sounds from reading the originmal post that something in the internal switches is bad.

is that something a 2 yr old can do with a remote, lol will try that sorry looked at avitar and its the size color of simple simons, HA AHA!

OK, I hooked up my 811 I deactivated in anger, and ran check switch everything is fine. Hook back 510 and same problem I noticed when I ran the cs on the 811 under the device section it said TWIN on the 510 it says feed. Is the switch in the receiver?

no
the switch is in the LNBF.

Sounds like Jr might have done something to the receievr. If you can get both on the 811, it isnt the LNB

chastulsa said:
OK, I hooked up my 811 I deactivated in anger...
:) I've 'deactivated' things in anger before too, sometimes deactivated into tiny pieces. :)

Glad your deactivation victim (811) still worked enough to determine the LNBs and switch are OK.

TuxCoder said:
:) I've 'deactivated' things in anger before too, sometimes deactivated into tiny pieces. :)

Glad your deactivation victim (811) still worked enough to determine the LNBs and switch are OK.

Ya, can dish do a zero reset on the 510 to wip eout everything? I put factory settings? Why is it saying feed instead of twin? Guess I need to call and get level 3 tech support. Instead of a Super CSR

Sounds like you might want to try clearing the switch matrix:
  • diconnect sat feeds
  • check switch
  • pull power
  • check switch AGAIN
  • connect feeds
  • check switch

Thank Iceberg this time :D :D

SimpleSimon said:
Sounds like you might want to try clearing the switch matrix:
  • diconnect sat feeds
  • check switch
  • pull power
  • check switch AGAIN
  • connect feeds
  • check switch

Thank Iceberg this time :D :D

HE HEHE,

Tried the above 3 X's still no luck. Called dish and after 30 minutes of argueing about my warranty they agreed to ship me a replacement. I am beginning to think Echostar has crap mfg for them. Who makes most of the equipment?

to me anyway it sounds like the right combination of button presses on the remote changed some settings in the receiver to think it has a different kind of dish installed. i do not have dish right now, but with directv in the mus i can tell it whether i have a 1, 2, or 3 LNB dish. perhaps there is a menu setting in there where you can choose between the dish 300, dish 500 (which you have) or the superdish. to me it sounds like this setting was changed and if you can get it changed back you'd be in business.

chastulsa said:
HE HEHE,

Tried the above 3 X's still no luck. Called dish and after 30 minutes of argueing about my warranty they agreed to ship me a replacement. I am beginning to think Echostar has crap mfg for them. Who makes most of the equipment?
DISH Network contracts for manufacture by the lowest bidder to their specifications. I don't know which is worse low bidder or their specs. :)

GutBomb said:
to me anyway it sounds like the right combination of button presses on the remote changed some settings in the receiver to think it has a different kind of dish installed. i do not have dish right now, but with directv in the mus i can tell it whether i have a 1, 2, or 3 LNB dish. perhaps there is a menu setting in there where you can choose between the dish 300, dish 500 (which you have) or the superdish. to me it sounds like this setting was changed and if you can get it changed back you'd be in business.
Dunno about D* gear, but while settings exist in the point dish screen, they have no effect for this issue.