Wrong sat message

MrBob54

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2017
Sedalia, Missouri
I have a 1000.2 dish. I have a great signal on 119 and a good signal on 129. Both are locked and green. On sat 110 it shows a signal of 30 but it is red and says wrong sat - EchoStar 129 West. No matter how I point the dish I can't get 110 locked in. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

More than likely you are not aimed at the dish satellites. The green usually indicates you are hitting a DISH satellite the red indicates it is a satellite from a different provider. Your elevation or Azimuth are probably off. For Sedalla MS. should you be aiming for Eastern ARC or Western Arc?

More than likely you are not aimed at the dish satellites. The green usually indicates you are hitting a DISH satellite the red indicates it is a satellite from a different provider. Your elevation or Azimuth are probably off. For Sedalla MS. should you be aiming for Eastern ARC or Western Arc?
How would two LNB eyes be able to see the same satellite, even if aiming is off? I'm guessing a bad LNB.

Cover the outer 2 lnbs with aluminum foil or a tin can and see which satellite you are hitting with the center lnb.

If you are getting 119 on the center lnb and your skew is by the book for your zip code then there is probably a problem with your 129 lnb.

Reactions: TheKrell
Not for sure what you mean? Matrix?

I think he's asking about the chart. IIRC, the satellites are along the top of the chart and the left side has the tuners(?).
OK, I still think this is what he's asking about, but my description was wrong.
chkswch-step-05.jpg

So the image shows up in editing, but not when posted. boo! Here's the link: https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server700/90ebe/product_images/uploaded_images/chkswch-step-05.jpg

I think he's asking about the chart. IIRC, the satellites are along the top of the chart and the left side has the tuners(?).
The receiver I am getting this message on is a
I am in Sedalia Missouri. Actually this issue is at my RV which is in the Clinton / Warsaw Missouri area. So in pretty sure I need the western arc. It is a single Dish 211 connected to a Dish 1000.2 antenna.

Cover the outer 2 lnbs with aluminum foil or a tin can and see which satellite you are hitting with the center lnb.

If you are getting 119 on the center lnb and your skew is by the book for your zip code then there is probably a problem with your 129 lnb.
I am no longer at my RV so it will be a week or two before I can do this test. Did you mean a "problem with 110"? I am receiving 119 and 129 just fine.

If you detail the table we could say more. You could have 119 aimed at 129 which would have the 110 aimed at 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts