Wrranty from Dish

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
If I were to buy a "new in the box" VIP612 from a merchant, will Dish honor any warranty issues? All advertising for the 612 says that it comes with a 1 year warranty from Dish. Does it matter that I bought it from somewhere else?
I seem to be able to get one for a bit over $200. Does anyone know of a place that sells them for less? I would consider a refurbished 612 if it were cheap enough.

Sorry for the mis spelled Warranty. Stupid keyboard.

I have bought 3 different Dish receivers off eBay over the years and Dish has honored the warranty on each and every one of them.

I have bought 3 different Dish receivers off eBay over the years and Dish has honored the warranty on each and every one of them.

Thanks RickDee, that's (ebay) where i saw a VIP612 for $189. I assume by Dish honoring warranty's you mean that they send you a replacement 612 and you send them the defective unit. Right?

Thanks RickDee, that's (ebay) where i saw a VIP612 for $189. I assume by Dish honoring warranty's you mean that they send you a replacement 612 and you send them the defective unit. Right?
Yes, you will be responsible for the shipping charge, currently $15.00. I always advise to get the receiver CAID # (r00#) and the smartcard # (s19#) and have them verified that they can be moved onto your account. If you send it in a PM them to any DIRT member we can check them. Please do not purchase equipment without doing a verify first!

Yes, you will be responsible for the shipping charge, currently $15.00. I always advise to get the receiver CAID # (r00#) and the smartcard # (s19#) and have them verified that they can be moved onto your account. If you send it in a PM them to any DIRT member we can check them. Please do not purchase equipment without doing a verify first!

Good advice. Thanks mary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts