Wrranty from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
If I were to buy a "new in the box" VIP612 from a merchant, will Dish honor any warranty issues? All advertising for the 612 says that it comes with a 1 year warranty from Dish. Does it matter that I bought it from somewhere else?
I seem to be able to get one for a bit over $200. Does anyone know of a place that sells them for less? I would consider a refurbished 612 if it were cheap enough.

Sorry for the mis spelled Warranty. Stupid keyboard.

I have bought 3 different Dish receivers off eBay over the years and Dish has honored the warranty on each and every one of them.

I have bought 3 different Dish receivers off eBay over the years and Dish has honored the warranty on each and every one of them.

Thanks RickDee, that's (ebay) where i saw a VIP612 for $189. I assume by Dish honoring warranty's you mean that they send you a replacement 612 and you send them the defective unit. Right?

Thanks RickDee, that's (ebay) where i saw a VIP612 for $189. I assume by Dish honoring warranty's you mean that they send you a replacement 612 and you send them the defective unit. Right?
Yes, you will be responsible for the shipping charge, currently $15.00. I always advise to get the receiver CAID # (r00#) and the smartcard # (s19#) and have them verified that they can be moved onto your account. If you send it in a PM them to any DIRT member we can check them. Please do not purchase equipment without doing a verify first!

Yes, you will be responsible for the shipping charge, currently $15.00. I always advise to get the receiver CAID # (r00#) and the smartcard # (s19#) and have them verified that they can be moved onto your account. If you send it in a PM them to any DIRT member we can check them. Please do not purchase equipment without doing a verify first!

Good advice. Thanks mary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts