wtd..good indoor antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

whats a good indoor antenna for OTA?? I tried the Terk 5 and it wasnt that good.

Seems an indoor antenna is not an option for the major networks; in 18040 you have:

WLVT-DT / PBS / 236° / 16 miles / chnl 62 / UHF
WBPH-DT / FMN / 236° / 16 miles / chnl 9 / VHF High
WFMZ-DT / IND / 236° / 16 miles / chnl 46 / UHF

AIMED @ PHILLY (about 48 miles (+/- 1) and 216° - dependant on your actual location)

KYW-DT / CBS / 48 miles / chnl 26 / UHF
WPVI-DT / ABC / 48 miles / chnl 64 / UHF
WPHL-DT / WB / 48 miles / chnl 54 / UHF
WYBE-DT / PBS / 48 miles / chnl 34 / UHF
WPSG-DT / UPN / 48 miles / chnl 32 / UHF
WTXF-DT / FOX / 48 miles / chnl 42 / UHF

Maybe try:
Channel Master CM 4228
Winegard HD 9095P
Winegard HD 8200P
Terrestrial Digital 91XG
Terrestrial Digital DB8
Terrestrial Digital V21

The attic's construction will ultimately determine how much signal you will lose but you could try the attic first if you must and move if if needed. Considering if you own your own home; no one can keep you from installing it on the roof line or eve; I would put it there where you are sure to get a good signal. If you rent, then you can have install issues.

I do own my own home and we have an association, sooooo...we can have little dishes like my AT-9 and i see a FTA dish here but, put an antenna on the roof would be a no go...does the antenna have to be line of sight or just in the direction of the city that has HD broadcast?? maybe i can mount it on my deck??

theslag said:
I do own my own home and we have an association, sooooo...we can have little dishes like my AT-9 and i see a FTA dish here but, put an antenna on the roof would be a no go...does the antenna have to be line of sight or just in the direction of the city that has HD broadcast?? maybe i can mount it on my deck??

I also live in a very restrictive HOA; and after living in both, I would never live in an area without one; and wouldn't have it any other way!

BUT they (and you) need to read up on OTARD http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html - get your antenna up in the BEST place; you have protections; so make good use of them. If YOU don't want it up there, then that is another issue.

Yes, the antenna needs to have the best LoS you can get and set to the correct heading. The deck mount would be way too low; you would be better off with a large antenna inside the attic.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)