wtf kind of LNB is this

chaz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Ok, here's the deal. I'm going to purchase a second superdish 121. For another location. When I went to look at the LNB's that are on my current SD I can only see 2. All of the ones I see for sale have 3 distinct LNB's. Has any one seen this?

Attachments

• DSCF1489.JPG
    DSCF1489.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 307
not to my knowledge....the 121 lnbf's have 3 "eyes" for the 119, 110, and 121....the correct lnbf for the 121 should have 2 round and 1 diamond...or at least the ones i have installed....r u still getting all of your programming?

That loks like a standard 121 SD to me. If you were to pull the cover, you'd see that it's got 2 LNBs under it - funny-looking ones, but two of them.

How about pics or links of the other kind you're talking about?

And I did a little more and came up with 4 variations.

The upper pair are 105, lower are 121. Left side is Type 1's, Right are Type 2's.
attachment.php

The OP's pic looks like a 121 type 1 to me.

Attachments

• SD types - LNBFs.jpg
    SD types - LNBFs.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 564
Thanks for the feedback. That was just too weird when I first saw it. I know what I need now.

Does type 1 or type 2 really matter all that much?

Simon--Thanks for posting the pic, how do you find some of this stuff? Glad you're on our side! :D

I just cut'n'pasted the LNB heads from the installation diagrams in the PDF version of the SD manual.

I'm no SuperDish expert, but doubt there's any functional difference between the two types. One of them has a plastic reflector, the other is metal. Don't remember which is which.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts