WTF - XM Channel 82 = xmas????

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
wow... I am very annoyed, I think this is just programing stupidness.

They take a very good channel like 82 - The System - and turn it into the special xmas stupid music.... but we leave all those stupid stations waiting for MLB to come back?

They couldn't just leave the system alone and place this xmas on something else???

Jeeez.... I am soooo annoyed.

Yeah, they did the same thing with Sirius channel 2. Thankfully, not one of my presets or a channel that I ever listen to.

Baldone said:
Yeah, they did the same thing with Sirius channel 2. Thankfully, not one of my presets or a channel that I ever listen to.

I am not familiar with the sirius line up - but - XM has all these channels, doing nothing but labels MLB - Baseball is not even in spring training or ANYTHING - could just grab a few of those and be done with it. Less impact to listeners.

uhg... Just disgusted over this.

The channels labeled MLB are not taking up much bandwidth all those channels are running the same stream just mapped to different channels. So its not like they could eliminate them and have the capacity for 30 new channels.

minorthr said:
The channels labeled MLB are not taking up much bandwidth all those channels are running the same stream just mapped to different channels. So its not like they could eliminate them and have the capacity for 30 new channels.

Is it possible for the reverse to happen? Take away a few channels of MLB and create 1 for the xmas music?

I just think its rough to do this - especially the ONLY channel that actually did a good job at that dance/house progressive music - its the only one that really handles that well.. and now its gone :mad:

PhuckNut said:
Is it possible for the reverse to happen? Take away a few channels of MLB and create 1 for the xmas music?
I just think its rough to do this - especially the ONLY channel that actually did a good job at that dance/house progressive music - its the only one that really handles that well.. and now its gone :mad:

All those MLB channels are basically one channel. The problem is the bit rate on the loop they are playing is probably so low that if you tried to shove a music channel in there it would sound like ass.

I think they should have taken down something like cinemagic, it sucks but they are tapped out maybe on day they will get more bandwidth and it will no longer be an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts