Wut happened to the WUT forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see it either. I'm not subscribed, but I used to see it.

I went into the control panel and I didn't see a seperate listing for the sub-forum under options.

Caching issue?

If that's the case, good.

This will keep the FTA forum from showing up at 'private forum' from the main page.

We have closed the What Up There Forum and are no longer accepting new members.

We believe in the hobby and just to many people are getting in and then turning around and are reposting the info found on Yahoo or other websites. We can't have that.

In addition too many people were requesting access to the forum who:

A) Didn't even have FTA Setup

B) Had a FTA Dish but no motor

C) Had a FTA setup but only wanted information from the forum and didn't appear that they wanted to contribute to it.

Of course all 3 groups would whine about getting denied access (not everyone did but had our fair share of people who threw a fit, I know I have been called every name in the book by a select few who were upset I would not overrule PSB and Iceberg's decissions.) :)

The WUT forum still exists for those who had access however it is a shell now so that people could catch up on the archive information there.

Hope that answers things better.

will something replace it or am i left out in the cold
or is it going to be acceptable to pm and ask about a certain channel or game
cause i know not to ask about one not listed on the main stream listings
thanks.

or is it going to be acceptable to pm and ask about a certain channel or game

yes you can still Pm people about it :)

This will keep the FTA forum from showing up at 'private forum' from the main page.
That was another reason. When the last post was from the WUT area it showed "Private Forum" on the main page

That was another reason. When the last post was from the WUT area it showed "Private Forum" on the main page
Yup that was another thing that got me yelled at a few times as a few people thought I took away their FTA forum access because of the Private Forum problem.

Thank God I got in when I did.

I did contribute one thing though, back when Fox News was ITC for a bit. Some love to just look without helping. I love this hobby enough to share my finds in WUT. Anyone who doesn't share, no fun!

I'm an Angry Reject

I'm glad I ran across this thread. I applied for prestigious membership in WUT.

I never received an official rejection notice. I did assume that I was being shunned as an unwanted outcast and that made me so angry I took a 5 lb sledge hammer and beat on my dish like an Iranian policeman.:mad: ;)

I case anyone missed it, I read that Iran is seizing people's dishs and limiting internet access. I know this site is apolitical but that seemed like a good way to provoke a revoltion to me.

Thank God I got in when I did.

I did contribute one thing though

Well I'm Hit or Miss when it comes to contributing, but I like to think Hit.

I bet application for WUT got out of hand, it's easy to get impatient waiting for an answer and mods were probably getting hounded often,and people posting WUT in other forums didn't help.

This thread kind of rubs it in to those forum members who can't apply anymore and I suggest it gets locked, and throw away the key so people forget about it.

Another suggestion is By Invitation Only, of course PSB , Iceberg , and Scott would have to approve it. I'm sure theres several members who have contributed in other ways to the forum not counting the ones that have grown on all of us.

Great idea, invitation only. I for one would hate to see this resource go away.

I bet application for WUT got out of hand, it's easy to get impatient waiting for an answer and mods were probably getting hounded often,and people posting WUT in other forums didn't help.
yep. When people who either didnt have a system or wanted to steal applied, then there were issues :)

This thread kind of rubs it in to those forum members who can't apply anymore and I suggest it gets locked, and throw away the key so people forget about it.
I think Scott miswrote something about the members...see below

Another suggestion is By Invitation Only, of course PSB , Iceberg , and Scott would have to approve it. I'm sure theres several members who have contributed in other ways to the forum not counting the ones that have grown on all of us.

We have been looking at that and probably will happen :)

Since it's against policy to post new "feed discoveries" in the public forum , is there any thought to how we should share that information, without making it public ? Some sort of group email, perhaps ?

:?

Brent

Sounds like PSB and ICE are ahead of the game :)

Quote:

We have been looking at that and probably will happen

I think the problem with the email is the same thing will happen as what was happening before in the WUT area. I like the invite idea..... kinda know who is who :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)