WVGN

Perhaps every cable operator in the world has it in HD, but DISH dropped the HD on the date and time I gave. :) :)

I really don't know if it is related somehow, but we in PR are expecting to have NBC in HD next week (5/21), and it was uplinked 5/7, same day they removed WVGN. Could it be that it is going to be replaced for all with NBC-PR HD? (WKAQ03), saving bandwidth in the process by not having 2 NBC HDs? Just a thought...

I really don't know if it is related somehow, but we in PR are expecting to have NBC in HD next week (5/21), and it was uplinked 5/7, same day they removed WVGN. Could it be that it is going to be replaced for all with NBC-PR HD? (WKAQ03), saving bandwidth in the process by not having 2 NBC HDs? Just a thought...
No It cant be because there is no Telemundo station in Virgin Islands Storefront has the right in the Virgin Islands I cant see a Telemundo PR having the right in Virgin Island for NBC Storefront ws first In PR its different because Telemundo is owned by NBC but VI its different

NBC sells and authorizes.........the use of their signal. As said before.....WVGN is in St Thomas. Odds are their contract with NBC is expired or expiring.
When WVGN was on cable and satellite in Puerto Rico.....they were not actually a local Puerto Rico station.

Now if NBC decided to now do it themselves......based in Puerto Rico.....they can also declare themselves the coverage rights for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and deny the rights to anyone else.

Remember NBC is the Network........they charge Dish and DirectvPR fees.......they have to follow what NBC says or no signal.

If you have any doubts about this.......visit someone here who has directvpr......bet you don't find CBS on there......yet its on cable and Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)