WWDC23

I wonder what they will sell spare battery packs for….
More importantly, will they wall it from using any battery? There are rumors that the new iphone 15 will have a USB C port, however Apple has a patent to make it Apple specific. I wonder if they will be required to rename it ASB-C as in Apple Serial Bus C. Can't call it universal if it is Apple specific.

You heard I tried to replace my iphone11 ProMax Battery and discovered Apple put a phone ID chip in their batteries making it complicated and a programmer to repair with a new battery. Too much trouble so I will just buy a new iphone soon.

Reactions: navychop
There are rumors that the new iphone 15 will have a USB C port, however Apple has a patent to make it Apple specific.
The EU requirement speaks only to charging functions. If Apple thinks they can get away with compromising data transfer speeds or charging rates artificially, their fan base will continue to suffer as it always has in paying extra where it isn't justified.

Reactions: dishdude
I wonder if there will be any applications that will make it necessary to acquire extra batteries.
Usually it is the time you are in VR like with the Quest 2. I have a power pack mounted on the back head strap to keep the Quest 2 charged up as a long game like Star Wars and Red Matter can take many hours to complete. The battery weight also balances the HMD for more comfort too.

$3500 for Vision Pro from Apple to much?
I spent a lot more then that on my Sony Z9K, but I find value with that purchase, but I find no value spending $3500 on the Vision Pro.

Specially since the unit from Meta is so much less.

Now, if the Vision Pro would be a experience like Ready Player One, I would buy it in a second.

I spent a lot more then that on my Sony Z9K, but I find value with that purchase
Agree! I have a Sony VPL VW715ES on a 120" roll down screen and we love the quality, especially the 3D is the best I have ever seen. But games and VR is still better in the Oculus Quest2. I look forward to the Meta Quest3. Affordable for sure.

BTW- as I understand, the Apple Vision Pro $3500 is only the base price. If you do want controllers they will be extra. :( Why not, it's Apple. But the Vision Pro does have one advantage over all the competition at 1/7 the price. It will do Facetime. :D

Agree! I have a Sony VPL VW715ES on a 120" roll down screen and we love the quality, especially the 3D is the best I have ever seen. But games and VR is still better in the Oculus Quest2. I look forward to the Meta Quest3. Affordable for sure.
Like I posted before, never tried games on it, my dogs really hate me wearing it.

And PS5 games look great on my 85” Z9K, especially with DV and VRR support.
But the Vision Pro does have one advantage over all the competition at 1/7 the price. It will do Facetime. :D
I do not wish to talk to people now, I took less money for my current employment just so I could do my reports from home, instead of moving and working in a office.

I can do Facetime and Zoom type calls for work from my PC just fine.

Is it entirely reasonable to assume that such games will make it to the AVP platform?
Could be. While first developed for the Quest, Red Matter has now produced a version for the PlayStation VR too. Haven't watched the reviews. Nothing yet for StarWars series. Some Star Trek VR but these are pretty simple stories.

Then again, maybe not. Just because Apple offers something doesn't mean that it will end up being "insanely great" in terms of utility.

Unless you are into these new VR and AR technologies, I wouldn't expect you to understand why some find it compelling and just need the price to be affordable.

Don't you remember when people were complaining that the Apple Watch will be a flop because of the high $399 price when they can buy a digital wrist watch for $20? They didn't understand what it was or whether they would find the utility compelling. Unlike the naysayers I have been enjoying Apple watch since the beginning. I enjoy being on the cutting edge and willing to suffer the losses when it becomes obsolete.

So YOU’RE the guy that bought that Apple Lisa? Traded in a III toward it?

;)

So YOU’RE the guy that bought that Apple Lisa? Traded in a III toward it?

;)
I never bought an Apple product until the iphone, then an ipad, then Apple Watch. When my wife's PC just wasn't worth fixing we saw the iMAC and thought it was aesthetically suited for our kitchen that was just remodeled. She was not too pleased with having to learn the MAC OS but now she is good at both PC and iMAC. I still struggle trying to locate stuff on the iMAC but my trouble shooting background is needed to fix it when she has trouble.

I never bought an Apple product until the iphone, then an ipad, then Apple Watch. When my wife's PC just wasn't worth fixing we saw the iMAC and thought it was aesthetically suited for our kitchen that was just remodeled. She was not too pleased with having to learn the MAC OS but now she is good at both PC and iMAC. I still struggle trying to locate stuff on the iMAC but my trouble shooting background is needed to fix it when she has trouble.
My ipad pro is the only Apple product in my house, have no need of a watch, my Samsung Galaxy 23 Ultra does fine as a phone and my Roku Ultra is half the price of a Apple TV unit and works great.

Reactions: HipKat
Don't have the iPAD pro. Never saw the need. Wife uses the ipad mostly for entertaining the grandkids in the back seat when driving them around. But some of her latest sewing tools works only on the iPAD. I switched to a Surface Pro to replace my Windows laptop years ago. It does everything I believe the ipad Pro does, plus it is powerful enough to edit video with adobe Premier when I am traveling.

For me the iphone is more than just a phone. Same for the Apple Watch. If I can afford it I own it for the convenience of what it offers. I'd rather pay for convenience and Utility than skimp on those just because something else is a little less money. Yeah, I am a power user of the tools I own. I even have a wrist band dual camera for my Apple watch.

Enjoy what you can afford for tomorrow we may die or wish we were dead.

I am testing out an iOS 17 iPad program that lets me plug in a USB C HDMI Capture card in to my iPad and watch my DISH Network Joey 4 on it. (This program is NOT made by DISH.)

It works, and the capture card I got seems to handle HDCP fine, so I can watch channels like HBO on my iPad from DISH without any issues.

It can do 4K but I have not got that to play nice with the 4K Joey.

I just ordered a USB-C Hub so I can plug in the capture card and power at the same time. The capture card does eat power from the iPad so I need them both plugged in. The hub I got also has a headphone jack so I can plug in my pillow speaker and now I can fall asleep watching TV on my iPad without interrupting Eva. :D

This is a COOL program! So far it has run flawlessly!

If you have a USB Capture card, and iPad and iOS 17 beta you can get it at the following link. Join the Capture Pro: UVC Viewer beta

It can do 4K but I have not got that to play nice with the 4K Joey.
It cannot do 4K, if it takes the signal, then it will down convert it, even the newest Pro which I have, resolution is 2,732 x 2,048, HDR is where it shines, up to 1600 nits, much better then most TVs.

4K Resolution is 3840 × 2160.

It cannot do 4K, if it takes the signal, then it will down convert it, even the newest Pro which I have, resolution is 2,732 x 2,048, HDR is where it shines, up to 1600 nits, much better then most TVs.

4K Resolution is 3840 × 2160.
What I meant is the capture card can capture up to 4k.

I used it last night and it worked well. Might be gaining some room back in the bedroom as now I can get rid of the 40 inch TV I have on my side so I can watch my shows. Watching them on the iPad to fall asleep was great. I do however need a headphone amplifier for my pillow speaker as it was just a little to low for my liking. :)