WWE NEWS: Breaking - Ultimate Warrior has died....WWE executives Triple H and Stephanie McMahon anno

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
WWE NEWS: Breaking - Ultimate Warrior has died
Apr 8, 2014 - 11:51:14 PM
WWE executives Triple H and Stephanie McMahon announced Tuesday night on Twitter that Ultimate Warrior (Jim Hellwig) has died. Warrior was 54-years-old."Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters," Hunter posted."#RIPUltimateWarrior Your strength of character is to be admired. There will never be anyone like you. Your spirit lives on in your family," Stephanie posted.WWE posted on their website: "WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior." WWE also released a statement confirming his death.Warrior appeared in the ring on Monday's Raw to deliver a promo addressing his fans. This followed Warrior's Hall of Fame acceptance speech on Saturday and appearance at WrestleMania 30 on Sunday.Warrior announced during his Hall of Fame speech that he had signed a "multi-year" deal with WWE to be an ambassador for the company.
More details to follow... http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/W...l#.U0THiVe9ags ULTIMATE WARRIOR PASSES AWAY http://www.pwinsider.com/article/848...-away.html?p=1 BREAKING NEWS: The Ultimate Warrior Dies http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wwe-news/...s-away-age-54/ WWE News: Ultimate Warrior dead at age 54 http://www.prowrestling.net/article....t-age-54-36551 ?WWE.com Confirms The Ultimate Warrior's Death http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/w...arrior-s-death R.I.P Warrior I thought something looked bad about him at HOF and on Raw especially he didn't look good and he looked like he was struggling just walking down the steps last night. Maybe he new something was wrong health wise!!
2014 WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior speaks: Raw, April 7, 2014
2014 WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior makes his return to the Raw ring. The timing could not be any crazier....its mind blowing when you think about it. Just 24 hours after he was on Raw for the first time in like what 20 years and he was back on WWE TV this happens. If you watch Raw last night he was walking funny and they cut away from it. I was told he had really bad knees just now so that might just be normal for him and WWE decided to cut away to the announcers desk at that moment. When he was in the ring during his promo he looked blown up but again not sure if he was doing that because of his persona from back in the day. This is probably one of the biggest names and such a tragic loss for so many reasons. Jim started his career in CA teaming with Sting and was trained by Rick Bassman. Sting and himself went to work for Bill Watts as the Blade Runners but Jim quit the company and ended up in Dallas for Fritz as the Dingo Warrior. After getting noticed by WWE and having a try out..well the rest is history. He walked out on Vince and the cold War lasted nearly 20 years until last year when John Laurinaitis contacted him to make amends thru his agent. The talks started around one year ago and it lead to them getting to work together once again and finally this weekend Warrior appeared on WWE programming for the first time in 20 years. This will be one of wrestlings biggest news stories of all time....People have been speculating maybe he had heart problems but we will find out soon and after watching his HOF Speech again... He was breathing very heavy and also his speech was in and out.!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. Crazy timing. I have said a few times that he seemed genuinely pleased at the HOF and it really seemed as though he had buried the hatchet. RIP.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I really am speechless on this with hall of fame and the future him and the wwe had and of course his family

I am VERY very sad.

I got to work with Jim many times early in his career at the Warrior.

Something didn't look right about him on RAW the other night, he looked to be in good shape yet he couldn't shake the ropes.

His appearance on the WWE Hall of Fame was an emotional one and is now more emotional especially the parts about his wife and kids.

RIP Jim "Warrior" Hellwig - you were one of a kind.

Sad to hear that the Ultimate Warrior passed away. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle, do interviews,his entrance and his later youtube shoot interviews were very entertaining. I found this news shocking since I saw him on Monday on raw shaking the ropes in the Ultimate Warrior persona.

Journalist Talks Ultimate Warrior's Death And Insinuates Owen Hart Died Of Drugs, Stars Respond http://youtu.be/IPbO7RJZYtg
Nancy Grace interviewed Diamond Dallas Page on Headline News tonight to discuss the death of The Ultimate Warrior. During the segment, which you can watch above, Warrior was referred to as a "WWE Superstar." Grace spoke about wrestlers dying of steroids and illegal drugs, and while she was discussing it, a list of wrestlers who died young was shown which included Owen Hart, who actually died from a freak stunt during a WWE pay-per-view in 1999.DDP noted that he saw Warrior at the WWE Hall of Fame last weekend, and while "he looked great" and his energy was as high as ever, you never know what's going on inside. Grace brought up that Warrior has admitted to past steroid use, and DDP said that "we all used it back in the day" - obviously referring to wrestlers, but Grace took it like he meant every person on the planet, and clarified that she never used steroids. DDP noted that Warrior was passionate about working out, and was not as big now as he was back in the day. The segment ended with Grace talking about rumors of drug abuse swirling for Warrior's death.As you can imagine, a lot of people took offense to Grace's report, especially the list with Owen's name mentioned. ........................Zeb Colter took to his Twitter to ask that Nancy Grace be deported, and later wrote, "If anybody receives an email entitled NANCY GRACE NUDE, do not open it. It's not a virus. It really is Nancy Grace nude. @NancyGraceHLN @WWE"
...........................The Iron Sheik also lashed out, as only he can, writing, "Nancy Grace YOU FAT DUMB b---h I beat the f--k out of you talk bad about my wrestling brother."...............
Owen Hart's oldest brother, Smith Hart, also issued the following statement on his Facebook page"I think our beloved sister-in-law Martha as well as my entire family should be tremendously offended by the implication of Nancy Grace that my brother Owens demise had anything to do with drugs or steroids. For her to attempt to capitalize on Warrior's death while his family grieves for personal choices he may have made more than 20 years ago is a sad to day for what passes as journalism today. Breaking news; Many rock stars snorted cocaine in the 80's. Perhaps we should shut down the entire music industry. We should not buy into any of their such ridiculous libelous statements. We will hear official details from the coroner this weekend and not from some gossip journalist." The Ultimate Warrior, one of the biggest stars in WWE history, died unexpectedly Tuesday night. According to reports, 54-year-old James Brian Hellwig, collapsed in front of his Scottsdale, Arizona hotel just before 6 p.m. Tuesday while walking to his car. The wrestler's death comes just 3 days after being inducted into the WWE hall of fame. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, and the cause of death remains under investigation.This isn't the first time we've seen wrestlers die young. Nancy Grace talks with Diamond Dallas Page, a former professional wrestler, about the death of Hellwig and other wrestlers. http://youtu.be/IPbO7RJZYtg

More on the story and transcript here...Recap of DDP on Nancy Grace Tonight; DDP Praises WWE’s Wellness Policy Amidst Grace’s Attempts to Link Warrior’s Death to “Steroids & Drugs”
WWE star Diamond Dallas Page appeared on Nancy Grace tonight to speak on the death of the Ultimate Warrior.
Grace began with the news recap of Warrior's death, then continued to reiterate an overly-dramatic subliminal message throughout the segment that "rumors of steroid and drug use are swirling" in the case of Ultimate Warrior's death.To my knowledge, there hasn't been a single media outlet that has linked steroid or drug use to the sudden death of Ultimate Warrior.Grace brought a doctor onto the show to discuss the long term effects anabolic steroids have on your body, and the lasting problems they can cause even if you've stopped using them long ago. This was clearly Grace's indirect way to blame Warrior's past steroid use (which he has admitted to) for his death yesterday.At one point in the segment, she listed numerous pro wrestling names who have died young, and attempted to group them into the same "steroid" umbrella that she was using against Warrior, even if some of the names she mentioned had never been linked to steroid use.DDP talked briefly about wrestlers using steroids in the past, but praised WWE's Wellness Policy for getting guys like Scott Hall and Jake Roberts the help they needed to get their lives back on track following their past drug use.
Grace continued to reiterate "rumors of steroid and drug use are swirling," and then introduced a correspondent who spoke on the "catastrophic medical condition" Warrior suffered yesterday. Grace asked for clarification of the phrase "catastrophic medical condition," but the correspondent said nothing else is known at this time. She did mention most people believe the cause of Warrior's death to be a heart attack, but those details remain unconfirmed.DDP mentioned Warrior's vigorous workout habits, and noted he was a very intense man, but added he is not a doctor, and cannot speak to the truth of any drug or steroid related causes of Warrior's death.The segment closed with Grace reiterating, for the hundredth time, "rumors of steroid and drug use are swirling," and at this point she's said it so many times she has to be the person who started the rumors, and is continuing to "swirl" them.
Sorry for posting this but thought everyone should know this and love Zeb Colter and Iron Sheiks comments...This journalist should go as most of them should!!

Last edited:
Nobody can out tweeter the "sheikie"

I likes his Instagram video. He said he was talking trash about Warrior but that it was a work and he loves him. :)

WWE HELPING WARRIOR'S FAMILY, WILL PAY TRIBUTE TO WARRIOR THIS WEEK ON NETWORK
By Paul Jordan on 2014-04-12 10:17:08
TMZ is reporting that two WWE employees are helping out The Ultimate Warrior's wife Dana at their home in Arizona. The company is trying to help ease the burden so the obviously overwhelmed mother can help comfort her daughters through this tragic time in their lives.They also report that not only will WWE pay tribute to Ultimate Warrior this Monday on Raw, but the company is working on a WWE Network special that will be airing next Wednesday tentatively titled " Warrior: The Ultimate Legend" TMZ.com also noted that Steven Tyler's daughter Mia got a Warrior symbol tattoo on her leg and that Miami Marlins first baseman Garrett Jones will be using The Warrior's theme song all through the MLB season.

Last edited:
Very well done WWE helping Warriors family with shopping and everything else a big Thumbs up to WWE!! :)

Big Update: Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Results and Cause of Death Revealed, Were Drugs or Alcohol Involved?
TMZ.com is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior passed away due to a massive heart attack.According to their report, Warrior's death was ruled as natural, with no alcohol or drugs directly involved. Obviously "directly" is the key word there as Warrior has always admitted his use of steroids, often saying there was a difference between use and abuse, so there is a history.According to the medical examiner, the official cause of death was "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease", aka heart disease.WWE will be paying tribute tonight to Warrior during Raw as well as this week on the WWE Network with a series of specials about his life and career.Warrior passed away this past Tuesday, the day after his first Monday Night Raw appearance since 1996 and three days after his WWE Hall of Fame induction. He was 55 years old. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84986/cause-of-death-for-ultimate-warrior.html?p=1 Ultimate Warrior death investigation is underway
We noted earlier the TMZ story from earlier today that The Ultimate Warrior’s cause of death was officially ruled a massive heart attack. Dave Meltzer noted in an update this afternoon that one thing that was not reported was that officials are proceeding with a death investigation. The reason for this is that they are less concerned with how he died as compared to how he got there or what contributed to his heart issues.The investigation results will be made public but it could take months to complete.
http://wrestlingnews.co/ultimate-warrior-death-investigation-is-underway/#ixzz2yyBcZCWF

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
The Ultimate Warrior's Wife Dana Thanks Fans And WWE For Their Support In New Letter- WWE's website posted the following letter from The Ultimate Warrior's wife Dana this morning:
Dearest Warriors,

It is with an absolutely broken heart I reach out to you. Since the passing of my husband, I have been fortunate enough to insulate my sweet girls and myself from the outside world. In this bubble we have grieved and continue to do so. For a week, I did not allow any television or media to seep through our cocoon. I was told, though, of the outpouring of love for my beloved husband and support for, as he always called us, his Warrior Girls. I can only say thank you.

On Sunday night, I was told WWE would pay tribute to Warrior and so I set the DVR planning to watch it when we were ready. As the hour neared, I broke resolve and turned on every TV in the house to full blast and snuggled our daughters close to me on the couch, unsure what we would see. As the scene unfolded with that amazing roster of talent gathered donning Ultimate Warrior shirts and even his face paint, we cheered and sobbed simultaneously. To everyone who stood there, thank you. My girls will remember your bowed heads for the rest of their lives. You are not just Superstars; you are super people.

I cannot put words to what that video tribute meant. We watched it multiple times and, this morning, it was how I started my day; mornings are the hardest for me. I will treasure that song and those images more than anything I own. Vindication. ULTIMATE PERFECTION.

I was told it was reported WWE was "there" for us. "There" is the understatement of a lifetime. They were a warm blanket to us three and we were quickly absorbed into their family. Words are cheap; promises are forever. This family is one I'm honored to be a member of and will gladly be the warm blanket to any of them who need me next.

My husband's speech had so many highlights for me as I sat proudly in the audience looking on at his moment ... I most loved his request for the Hall of Fame to include the, as he called them, "true Superstars," those behind-the-scenes people who make the machine run. See, I'm the person who puts up the ring in our house. I'm the background person who makes things happen seamlessly. I am surrounded by performers in my husband and children, so I felt a kinship with all the people he wanted to shine a spotlight upon who make WWE work. He loved you all, and knew that each of you made his run there possible. Thank you!

To all the ULTIMATE WARRIOR fans: THANK YOU!! He told me when he shook the ropes it was him gathering strength from each of you. Warrior respected you and loved you as do the girls and I. I will reach out to the ropes for your strength to sustain me in the sad days that the girls and I face. UNWAVERING is what you've been. GRATEFUL is what we are.

The Undertaker and I have a lot more in common than you might think. You see, I had a bit of a streak of my own going for the last 20 years. Yes, Warrior and I would have matches of our own ... He would yell, I would cry, he would submit, I would win - always. My quivering chin and "pooched" lip was always more powerful than any clothesline or gorilla press slam. He'd laugh and shake his head and say,"you win, Pooch," but really we both did.

My streak was broken April 8, 2014 when he collapsed. I fought and screamed and cried for him not to leave me, but I wasn't to win this round. Heaven won and I lost, but I had the ULTIMATE love for 20 years and my children learned to be Warriors from THE ULTIMATE DAD. I wouldn't trade a moment of the life we shared, good or bad, for anything on God's green earth. He is the love of my life and gave me the gift of our beautiful, sweet, amazing girls. He was loyal and kind and strong and brave. He taught me to live by his creed,"Live Strong, Act Bold, Be Brave. Nothing's too hard to do, ALWAYS BELIEVE," and with that creed I will carry on and make him proud.

Streaks are broken but legends live forever.

Always Believe,

Dana A. Warrior Very nice letter from Warriors wife Dana and best of wishes and thoughts and prayers to her and her family!!

AP Reports On Warrior's Cause Of Death - As noted earlier this week, Warrior's official cause of death was "Atherosclerotic/Arteriosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease," or heart disease. The Associated Press has a short article about his cause of death, which you can read here, and once again noted that there were no signs of foul play. Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
AP
PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities in Phoenix say former pro wrestler The Ultimate Warrior died of cardiovascular disease.Maricopa County spokeswoman Cari Gerchick says that's the finding from an autopsy conducted Thursday by the county Medical Examiner's Office.The 54-year-old wrestler's given name was James Hellwig. He collapsed April 8 while walking with his wife to their car at a Scottsdale hotel and was pronounced dead at a hospital.Scottsdale police have said there were no signs of foul play.The Ultimate Warrior was one of pro wrestling's biggest stars in the late 1980s.

More on the Ultimate Warrior death investigation
As noted before, the coroners office will proceed with a death investigation to try to find out what were the contributing causes to Ultimate Warrior’s heart attack. It can take up to 3 months for the investigation to be complete.Even thought the report on TMZ stated that he died of natural causes, the Communications Director for the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s Office Carl Gerchick said that the natural causes ruling means that his death was not from homicide or suicide.“We will continue to do a medical death investigation until we get to the point where we scientifically understand how he got to that point (where he suffered the heart attack), said Gerchick.As noted before, Warrior’s father and grandfather died in their 50?s but Warrior was also honest about his steroid use and said that that the steroids he took to become Ultimate Warrior probably took years off his life.

http://wrestlingnews.co/more-on-the-ultimate-warrior-death-investigation/#ixzz2zAGOGNR3

The Ultimate Warrior's Wife Latest Message

Below is a new Twitter message from The Ultimate Warrior's wife Dana:

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." - Bob Marley

Another Monday Warriors.... I thought that each passing day things would get easier. Not so. Losing Warrior isn't a hole in my life, it is the Grand Canyon! Grief is like the tide I think. It rolls in and out without asking permission. The thing about being a Warrior is the wave can hit us but we are not allowed to fall down. We can stumble, be knocked off balance, but we are required to remain standing no matter the size of the blow. This week I'll stay standing if you'll stand with me. I believe, Always.

Dana A. Warrior"

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...rior-wife-dana-a-warrior/#3VWxOgDlJzrqYtAF.99

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts