WWME-LP metv chicago,illinois now broadcasting in 480 widescreen

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i just saw this one on rabbitears that metv is now broadcasting from chicago in 480 widescreen i wonder if dish will fix this so we can watch metv widescreen.

gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
480i (w)
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
DD2.0
gosulspacer.png
MeTV
gosulspacer.png
Me-TV
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png

thanks

Allen bluegras

I dont know...why dont you ask them? :rolleyes:

Since the station switched to 480i widescreen it doesnt take much for Dish to change that over. but since its SD Dish probably just does 4:3 on it

Don't know about Dish, but I know DIRECTV wouldn't. They'd just center-cut it into 4:3 as an SD channel, particularly if on their Ku-band at 101W..

But then again, virtually everything MeTV shows are classic TV programs in 4:3 anyway, so what would be the point of 16:9 SD?

You are still going to see a 4:3 pillar-box image all the time. Just that the pillar matte bars will be generated by the broadcaster this time.

Note: The local MeTV outlet for the LA market carried by DIRECTV, KVME 20-1 in Bishop, CA., is in 4:3 SD.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I dont know...why dont you ask them? :rolleyes:

Since the station switched to 480i widescreen it doesnt take much for Dish to change that over. but since its SD Dish probably just does 4:3 on it
i will ask them tommorow for you guys

according to rabbitears it says that wwme-lp metv chicago is now broadcasting in 480 widescreen i wonder if this dish knows about this
23-1
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
480i (w)
gosulspacer.png
gosulspacer.png
DD2.0
gosulspacer.png
MeTV
gosulspacer.png
Me-TV
gosulspacer.png

thanks

Allen bluegras

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts