WWTD in Wasnington DC Area

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
this was a low powered station out of Northern Virginia. It has had a pretty low budget history. For awhile it was the "flagship station" of the UFO network. Then it was an anlaog repeater of WJLA right after the digital transition. It has been back fora few months as digital station broadcasting at Ch 14 with a PSIP ID of 49 but all it seems to have are color bars and an occasional card saying "Coming Soon."

Does anyone have any idea what the owners might be planning for this station or when they plan to implement this?

As of last night I still have signal (going by the locas setip secreen) but no signal lck so I never see the color bard. Might be a temporary problem or they may have given up. I never found any source that knows much about this station.

Gone completely now. Oh well. I don't know what I was loooking forward to but i was looking forward to it anyway.

That could be true. It is after alla low power station. I went from 82 to zwro but you may simply be closer to the transmitter.

I remember my parents talking about some early TV station in their small town being required to broadcast a certain # of hours each day. And being television, it had to be a moving picture, not a static one. As they did not have programming for the full # of hours, they trained a camera on a goldfish bowl for the empty hours. And then one day the goldfish died and they got all worried that they might be sanctioned as not in compliance......

There are some low powered stations that utilized channel 6 and were in essence a radio station (due to analog 6 being at 87.7Mhz on a radio) and they would do that too. Put a camera aimed at something that moves to get past that loophole

They could transmit the output of a PC running a fish tank sim, and never worry about the fish dying. ;)

This station is now broadcasting an odd intro piece (one scene appears to have been filed underwater) then aslide saying WWTD Channel 49 is Coming Soon.

Well there is finally programming. Strangely it is on 40-2 and it is Chinese language programming. 49-1 still has the odd video loop and -3 and -4 have color bars.

you mean Fredricksburg does not have a NEw tang dynasty Television affiliate like we do? I can always mail you a DVD if you want one.

FWIW the -3 and -4 transmissions of color bars seems to have ended. Still only that strange loop on -1 and -2 has the Chinese language NEw tang Dynasty Television.

OK, I'll be a bit of a NIGYYSOB player here: There is no Chinese language. Mandarin or Cantonese?

Cantonese is spoken in Hong Kong and Macau, and parts of Guangdong and Guangxi (Canton) Provinces on the mainland. And in bits and pieces of the rest of the world.

Mandarin is predominant across Mainland China and is ever more common in Cantonese speaking areas. It's often referred to now as Standard Chinese. In fact, the United Nations lists Chinese as the language when they are referring to Mandarin. So I guess there IS a Chinese language. Whoops. Err- NEVERMIND. ;)

An attempted spoof.

Anyway, let me know when 49 actually has something. I stopped checking long ago. Maybe it will become a cooking and propaganda channel.

they actually broadcast on 14. Still it is an LP station.

I do not check this channel often but happened to tonight. They Arte now showing QVV over the said on -1 and-3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)