WZME Bridgeport, CT (NY area) dropping MeTV for H&I 10/4

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
On 10/4 WZME Bridgeport, CT (NYC DMA) is dropping MeTV for Heroes & Icons.
With a METV affilaite already in NYC now (WJLP) and assume the contract was up on WZME they are switching to H&I

This will bring H&I to cable and satellite there (as WZME METV is a -1 station it gets must carry coverage)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
KWMS 18.1 Monroe La. Market added H&I on Sept. 15 replacing MeTV. Former ABC 11 now KMLU launched MeTV the same day....11 was KAQY which went to the KNOE CBS 8 subchannel. The KMLU channel went dark till this week...

KMLU is owned by the same folks who have been buying up the stations that Gray gives up when they buy the assets of a station and move it to its own sub

Ironically the 2 stations in ND are H&I and the one in Nebraska is Sonlife (Jimmy Swaggart Net)...MeTV was already in those markets....odd they didnt go with H&I...but at least they still got something decent

Cozi TV in Boston is the same way. WMFP 62-1 is Cozi TV "HD" with some of the schedule covered up with paid programming. 62-2 is the national feed of Cozi TV in SD. I think they have other subs too. I had a small hope that the SD version of Directv's WMFP would be the "real" WMFP SD but it's not, as is normal.

Cozi TV in Boston is the same way. WMFP 62-1 is Cozi TV "HD" with some of the schedule covered up with paid programming. 62-2 is the national feed of Cozi TV in SD..
That is odd that its paid programming. I could see something like CW or MY (but I know Boston has full power affiliates there....thinking more of the small markets) or even local programming. But paid programs?

So dumb

1442773485644.jpg 1442773503561.jpg

One thing that came up was the agreement with FOX & H&I...would this affect WZME as it is classified as a station in the NY market? Dont think it will as WZME OTA doesnt cover NYC.

One thing it DOES help is folks on satellite will get H&I in the NY area (via WZME)

You'd think Weigel would prefer to have WZME carry it (because it will benefit from must carry on satellite) rather than only be a subchannel of FOX.

But wzme doesn't reach NYC proper...at least not with an indoor antenna

Having it on both benefits everyone in the market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)