X-Box, Playstation, and Wii Game News

I have a number of gamer friends across platforms and the fact that it appears that NONE of them are interested in Overwatch is rather disheartening to me.

I have a number of gamer friends across platforms and the fact that it appears that NONE of them are interested in Overwatch is rather disheartening to me.

Yeah, I have one cousin who played a lot of Overwatch on Xbox near launch but he is the only person I ever saw playing it on any of my friends lists. It always surprises me that I don't see more people playing it because everyone who does seems to love it and I have read several articles about how well the game is selling.

I'm guessing that the majority of their audience is just on PC since that is where Blizzard made their name and I don't have that many friends on my Battle.net account.

http://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta/

Steep is having an open beta on PC, PS4, and Xbox One this weekend. This is Ubisoft's winter extreme sports game. This does not look like a game I am going to rush out and buy but I'm definitely interested enough to check out the beta.

I had no idea this game even existed until now. Looks like it's SSX with more social features. Guess I'll try it out.
Random note: While I was watching the video I was steeping my tea. Maybe it's a sign of good things to come.

I checked out the Steep beta this weekend. If you liked games like SSX there is a decent chance you will like this. I liked the skiing, snowboarding, and wing suit challenges and I like how you can do whatever you want on the mountain outside of challenges too. The one part of the game I didn't like are the paragliding challenges. Luckily those are easy enough to avoid.

There is a great sense of speed and the game runs very well, at least on my PC. I probably will buy Steep at some point but it just can't compete with all the big fall releases for me. I'll wait for things to die down a bit and the game to be discounted.

Yeah unfortunately I never got around to trying it out. It was a real busy weekend and I just didn't get the time to play.

Reviews are coming in for Final Fantasy XV. Looks like overall its a winner, with a few nags here and there. It also looks like its a game that's very unlike previous ones in the series, so it appears that newcomers are welcome.

I never finished the original but I played some of it for the first time not too long ago. I think the mechanics are pretty cool and I would play a remastered version of it but it is going to have to get pretty cheap first.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252950/discussions/0/154642901287428918/

Rocket League has a pretty big update launching today. First, there is another new, free map being added to the game along with a $2 DLC car. Second they are adding snow and nighttime variants to to a few of the maps but these are just cosmetic changes. Third, the holiday customization items start randomly dropping today. Forth, Steam Workshop support is being added. This means people will easily be able to make their own maps and other mods for the game.

Danny O'Dwyer's next Noclip documentary is going to be about the development of Doom (2016). His Rocket League documentary was very well done so I'm really looking forward to this.

Part 1 of the Doom documentary is available with Part 2 going live tomorrow. I just watched it and now I'm going to restart the game.

Yep. Since I never finished the game when I started my playthough this summer I've been meaning to restart it for a while. Watching that documentary just gave me the final push I needed to do it.

Playstation Classic Game Console w/Enhancements

PSN Network ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)