X Files Returns

For one reason or another I didn't see the last couple seasons. All nine seasons are available in Amazon Prime so I may have to revisit the series. Not in HD though.

Despite being a huge Xfiles fan.... 6 episode "event" is a bit of a bummer
I'll take what I can get! I never imagined it would return as a regular series. Plus, Duchovny has another show starting next season.

Moved because no news links in the network forums. Please refer to Scott's sticky note. Please feel free to start a discussion thread with out the news links.

The mini-series will probably break DVR records as most fans will probably opt to "binge" watch it (total will be 4.2 hours which is easily done in an evening).

David Duchovny talks 'The X-Files': Who’s coming back

Creator Chris Carter and co-star Gillian Anderson are back for Round 2 of the 1990s drama about the FBI agents probing cases with a paranormal bent. But Duchovny also confirmed the return of a couple other castmates. “Mitch Pelligi will come back,” he said, referring to the actor who recurred as Walter Skinner, “and the Cigarette-Smoking Man — if this means anything to anyone — will be coming back.” It meant plenty to many members of the studio audience who fondly recall William B. Davis’ character, the archnemesis of Duchovny’s Fox Mulder.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/david-duchovny-letterman-the-x-files-late-show-1201402700/

S~

Its going to be hard seeing Pelligi play Skinner without thinking of him as Harris Ryland on Dallas (arguably one of the most hated characters on the series).. Kudos to Pelligi nonetheless.

The X-Files: Scully's Returning https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/x-files-scullys-spoiler-returning-222932787.html
The X-Files is bringing back a key member of Scully’s entourage.TVLine has learned exclusively that Sheila Larken is set to reprise her role as Gillian Anderson’s onscreen mom, Margaret Scully, in Fox’s upcoming six-episode continuation.Larken is set to appear in the Glen Morgan-penned second episode, “Home Again,” airing Monday, Jan. 25. (The series returns Sunday, Jan. 24 following the NFC Championship Game.)The character of Margaret last appeared 13 years ago, in Season 9’s ninth episode, “Provenance.”

'The X-Files' at NYCC: Our Spoileriffic Recap of the Premiere https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-x-files-at-nycc-205453220.html
The truth is finally out there: when The X-Files returns to the airwaves on Jan. 24, it’s going to be a genuine continuation, not a ground-up reboot. Taking the stage at New York Comic Con to introduce the premiere of the first new episode of The X-Files to air on network television since 2002, Silicon Valley star/X-Files superfan Kumail Nanjiani made it clear that we were watching the first installment of Season 10. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK.That continuity was reinforced in the opening credits, which preserves the same title sequence that fans remember from the early ‘90s, right down to Mark Snow’s spooky theme song, two decade-old photos of stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson and the classic “The Truth Is Out There" stinger. The episode that followed was filled with callbacks and references to past seasons, with appearances by Fox Mulder’s former boss, Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi), his former nemesis, the Cigarette Smoking Man (William B. Davis) and even his old office — you know, the one with all the pencils in the ceiling.

The X-Files: Gillian Anderson Drops Massive Spoiler http://news.yahoo.com/the-x-files-gillian-anderson-1302607247761462.html
The truth may still be out there when The X-Files returns for a brand new season next year - but aliens won’t be.Gillian Anderson, who shot to fame playing Agent Dana Scully on the spooky sci-fi show, has admitted neither she or Mulder (played by David Duchovny) will be getting beamed up by extraterrestrials in the six-part series.She told The Sun: “Will there be aliens in it? No, no aliens this year, sorry. It will be scary. I hope it will be good.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)