X SQUARE DVB-S2 M1/HD Review

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I purchased the X SQUARE DVB-S2 M1/HD from Amazon. X2 SAT markets a receiver model M1 that only does DVB-S. Now, this model is available with the DVB-S2 tuning. This is a low priced satellite receiver, and yet it has many features. The User Screens on this unit are very similar to the X2 Premium Mini HD receiver.

The receiver is small at twice the size of the Premium Mini from X2 and comes with hardware to mount to the wall. It is easy to use at the dish for adjustments, as both HDMI & NTSC video are output from the receiver to supply a display.

The receiver presents video in the digital 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p and 1080i/p formats. The picture quality is excellent.

This unit has no provision for internet connection.

The menus show selection for DiSEqc 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 0/22k Hz and USALS. I have tested the DiSEqc 1.0 and the 0/22k Hz functions and they are working on my system. I have not tested the other selections.

Menus are available for a variety of channel editing functions, using the remote. I am not aware of any software for editing the channel list on a PC.

The unit comes with 2 remotes. Both are full function remotes.

I found the unit easy to setup and get started. It scans channels well, and the tuner seems quite sensitive.

One feature that I found unique is the remote sensor. The sensor is not on the receiver itself, but is a separate piece, which connects with a cable. The sensor unit can be attached to the TV set, or another smooth surface.

The M1 HD does not do 4:2:2, but it does do DVB-S2. The unit did not decode AC3 audio when it arrived, but after installing an upgrade from the X2SAT website, using a USB flash drive, the AC3 audio is decoded.

For the price, in my opinion, this makes an excellent spare receiver, or good choice for a receiver to use for dish alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts