OTHER X-Square (X2) Premium Mini questions

ayelvington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Russell, PA
I have an email into the company, but I thought that I'd poll the group for it's combined experience. Two things here: My unit spontaneously did a factory reset losing all of my settings, so is there a process to save settings to the thumb drive? Secondly, I want to use it as the single receiver for both my Ku and C-band dishes. I tried to use a 22kHz switch without success, so, again, I'm looking for experience.

RSVP

Neighbor Al

My experience with the X2 Premium Mini was that while it worked great on C-band it did not work for me on Ku. I have a linear Ku LNBF (10750) and it kept resetting itself to Universal (10600) no matter what I did. The seller sent me a full refund rather than replacing the unit and didn't want it back so now I use it strictly for C-band and use a MicroHD for Ku (separate dishes). The other problem I have is it refuses to save the clock settings. If I set the clock manually it will reset it to the default; if I set the clock setting to automatic it keeps resetting to the default all of which makes any timers unuseable. It's a real shame because the tuner seems to be very sensitive and locks signals that others won't as well as the image quality being excellent. Results may vary.

They reasonably asked me to ensure that the firmware was the most recent version (it was), but I updated it anyway. Regrettably, the update cleared all of the saved channels that should have been safely tucked away in flash memory. Since they don't offer a method to save the settings, there really is no way to protect them. I imagine that this is a resolvable issue, so I'll nudge them to add the feature as a safeguard against the instability. I do like the receiver though!

Got this today:

Dear ayelvington,

Hello,

We will release new firmware at next week to solve this bugs also solve the Youtube issue

The new software will be publish in the official website

This tells me that they were working on the weekend, so it's either a very small shop, they are very worried about it, or both.

I used to work for an electronic test equipment manufacturer (Tektronix), and we truly welcomed notes telling us about software or firmware issues. We did a LOT of testing, but bugs can slip through. We'd rather know about them early and get them fixed, thank have unhappy customers grumbling to themselves. I haven't worked there since 1999, but it was a good lesson in customer service.

Well, that's a more coherent response than I got when I notified them of the clock issues I was having.
The time setting since this receiver use "eco setting" so the voltage will be as less as possible and this is mean the receiver will be in (Shutdown mode and not standby) and this to be match with FCC requirement at 2014

I still don't know what the heck they're talking about.

I have since given up getting any support from this company. The receiver is headed to the trash, and I've filed a complaint with PayPal. My closing recommendation is to steer clear of these folks.

Well, that's a more coherent response than I got when I notified them of the clock issues I was having.

I still don't know what the heck they're talking about.

O.K. Jeepguy. Maybe this will help:

Norwegian:
Tidsinnstillingen siden denne receiveren bruke "eco-innstilling" så spenningen vil være som mindre som mulig, og dette er mener mottakeren vil være i (Shutdown modus og ikke standby), og dette skal være kamp med FCC kravet på 2014

Turkish:
Gerilim mümkün oldu?unca az olacak ?ekilde bu al?c? beri ayar? zaman "eko ayar?n?" kullan?n ve bu (bekleme Kapatma modu ve) olacak al?c?s?n? ortalama ve bu 2014 FCC ?art? ile maç olmak

Russian:
????? ????????? ? ????? ????????? ???????????? «??? ?????????", ??? ??? ?????????? ????? ??? ????? ??????, ? ??? ????????, ???????? ????? (????? ?????????? ? ?? ????????), ? ??? ????? ???? ? ??????????? FCC ?? 2014!!!

See... it's the "eco-innstilling" "??? ?????????" "eko ayar?n?" thingy that's causing all your grief. Simple!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts