X1 to Hopper 3

The difference... Dish most content can be fast forwarded, but yes DRM applies. On Cox, you cannot fast forward anything. I remember staying at my parents and trying to fast forward through Shameless, and couldn't. That's dumb, and I understand it's DRM as well. Like I said, I don't like watching TV shows on demand on any provider. I don't use their apps, and if I miss it on TV, oh well. It either comes on again or I watch something else. I don't care about fast forwarding through commercials, I care about fast forwarding to spots where I have watched up to.
Cox must be really crap service ,

Because our local cable is basically no different than DIRECTV or DISH as far as FF goes.

The difference between them is Cable has No buffering, Server bottleneck or potential Software glitches with every release.
And your Internet speed has no effect on your PQ ,download time, and even when you have the ability to FF.
If it's not downloaded, your not FF past the buffer.
Not an issue under normal Cable VOD.

But as far as Function.
Just depends on the content, and I've never had a VOD FF issue off Premium movie channels.
Ever.... From Directv ,Dish, once downloaded.
Cable was instant. I could FF right to the end if I wanted.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

On Demand has always been a much better experience with Cable than Satellite. That and Internet service are about the only things you'll find me saying is better about Cable. However I don't have the Hopper and don't know if that has a better way to do On Demand.
IMO Cable is better Vs Satellite , Atleast in my area.
Dish is quite good, but again has many factors that can cause issues.

I do a bunch of VOD, so do my Kids.
About 400GB alone on VOD.
But for Satellite Minimum I would recommend is 15 Mbps service.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Tampa8
Cox must be really crap service ,

Because our local cable is basically no different than DIRECTV or DISH as far as FF goes.

The difference between them is Cable has No buffering, Server bottleneck or potential Software glitches with every release.
And your Internet speed has no effect on your PQ ,download time, and even when you have the ability to FF.
If it's not downloaded, your not FF past the buffer.
Not an issue under normal Cable VOD.

But as far as Function.
Just depends on the content, and I've never had a VOD FF issue off Premium movie channels.
Ever.... From Directv ,Dish, once downloaded.
Cable was instant. I could FF right to the end if I wanted.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I think he was referring to on-demand. A lot of on demand can't be fast forwarded. Dvr and live programming can be fast forwarded and rewound and paused as much as you like just not on-demand.

I think he was referring to on-demand. A lot of on demand can't be fast forwarded. Dvr and live programming can be fast forwarded and rewound and paused as much as you like just not on-demand.
I'm talking about on demand as well.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active