x2 hd set up problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frige

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Texas
Well I have my unit set up and I aimed it at galaxy 19. The sat finder shows a strong signal but I am not getting any signal according to the x2. I may not have it set up properly. I set the lnb at 10600 and the diseqc to 1.3 usals. and nothing. Do I have a bad box or just pilot error?

Is your LNBF universal? If it is then 10600 is right, but make sure you have 22khz turned on. If not then needs to be set to 10750. Do you have switches or a motor in-line if not, your DiSEqC switch settings need to be off or none.

frige
Welcome to the forum!
Wow, way to many questions arise???? You aiming 97W KU or Cband??? What dish size do you have??? If looking to get KU, are you using an Universal or Lineal LNB?? Are you using just the cable straight to the box?? or ,are you using a Diseqc 1.0 switch 4x1??? Is the X2 updated to the latest firmware version 11-10-2012??

I just checked and it is set to 22k. the diseqcis set to 1.2 usals that is my only option, Signal is at zero.

Set the LO to 10600
22khz setting to 22khz - ON

Remove the motor and mount the dish directly on the mast. Once you figure out how to aim the dish without a motor, then add the motor into the mix.

Rotate the LNBF to the proper skew setting.
Make sure the post is plumb and level.
Set the dish elevation to the correct angle.
Place the receiver on an active transponder frequency on G19
Slowly pan the dish from 15 degrees on the east side of the compass reading to 15 degrees to the west side of the compass reading.
If No Signal Quality reading, increase or decrease the dish elevation on 1 degree increments and repeat the slow panning motion (like you are slowly painting the sky).

Last edited:
Any reason that you don't want to learn to walk before you try to run? If you wish to go against advice to first install as a fixed dish without the motor, be prepared for a steep learning curve!

Please review these 2 posts in the FAQ section on motor installations:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/190527-How-to-set-up-a-Motorized-KU-Band-dish

The meter that you are using will not identify what satellite the dish is aimed at and will only confirm that you are getting a signal from the dish. It is best to place a TV with your receiver beside the dish and follow the suggestions in post #6.

If you're going to start out with the motor I would find your true south satellite. Then set the angles on the motor and dish according to dishpointer.com or something. Is your due south satellite 97w?

I havea X2 receiver. It did not come with G19 in memory (only european satellites). I had to add the satellite name and then wrote in one known active transponder for that satellite in order to aim my dish.

I disconnected the motor it is not controlling anything. It is holding the dish but I set the angle of the dish mount to zero in reference to the motor angle and I am using the motor bracket to set the angle of 55 degrees. Basically It is invisible to the system. I could remove the motor from the dish completely but I dont see that it would make any difference. The motor is just a expensive dish mount at this point. I added the g19 satellite to memory but it does not show any transponders. Do I have to tell it what they are?

You will not be able to locate a satellite unless an active transponder with correct parameters is entered into the receiver and selected in the installation screen.

Either remove the dish from the motor post and install as a fixed dish or install as a motorized system following the information provided in the FAQs. No use in making a difficult task impossible! :rolleyes:

Well I got some life into it. Turns out the better lnb does not work. I put the el cheapo that came with the dish on and I started getting a signal at the receiver. I believe I found g16 as I have the pentagon channel on right now. Not much else on this bird. Tomorrow I will try to get g19.
Thanks

Which LNBF didn't work and which LNBF works?

You indicated that you bought the GEOSATpro 90cm dish on Amazon. This package is provided with one of the best off the shelf LNBFs available, the SL12PLL, a phase lock loop LNBF with a lifetime warranty against defect and UV damage. Not a Cheapo!

The Pentagon Channel is also on SES2 at 101w. Is it Pentagon HD?

Well my bad I guess I wasted my money since the strong lnb did not work and the one that came with the dish does. The reason I went with the strong unit was the noise figure was 0.1 db compared to 0.5 for the geosat.

frige said:
The reason I went with the strong unit was the noise figure was 0.1 db compared to 0.5 for the geosat.

Don't blindly trust specifications. One specification is a lie, the other is truthful... :D

primestar31 said:
I am SHOCKED! Shocked I say, that your Geosat lnb is REALLY 0.1db instead of the claimed 0.5db! :p lol

Let's not get an untruthful rumor started... :D

Sorry, the SL1PLL is 0.5dB NR as stated in the specs. :)

There is absolutely no consumer grade PLL KU LNBF that is below 0.5 or 0.1 for a DRO type and within the 50 - 60dB gain (contrary to the marketing lies you see on other products).

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)