OTHER x2 M1 HD+ loader

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kyhandyman

Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
usa
I have a x2m1hd and noticed the x2 site has a pdf on how to use x2m1hd+ loader but it doesnt have the loader download listed. I am just curious if it would work with x2m1hd if it is ever released ?

I have a x2m1hd and noticed the x2 site has a pdf on how to use x2m1hd+ loader but it doesnt have the loader download listed. I am just curious if it would work with x2m1hd if it is ever released ?
I wish you luck! I contacted them back in July asking about an editor for the M1HD. They replied that their engineers were working on it. Instead they released the M1HD+ and to date there is still no editor for the M1HD (or M1HD+)! :(

The loader might be on the disk that comes with the receiver. I got one of those things from ebay yest, apparently after the overheating issues with the M1, they redesigned it and called it a +. Only ran mine about 2 hours Mon night-barely warm to the palm, and mine didn't reboot any. Seemed to have good motor control using USALS also, and mine has excellent video quality. Video was as good as I've seen on an hd box, hope it lasts!

Reactions: KE4EST
OK, opened mouth too soon it seems, I tried running the new box, the little M1HD+ a while longer tonight, seemed to go wonky after about 2h30min. Couldn't get it to move off 91w with sev attempts, and after running 2 blind scans, it found nothing-so it wasn't really on 91w ku after all. Once i stuck a little computer fan on top and let it cool a few minutes, it seemed to regain its mind. After reading the manual that's included on a dvd , I find I wasn't really going at the blind scan feature using the correct menu, so I may have just confused the poor thing, lol. It never did feel hot to the touch, but I'm leaning toward using add-on cooling for these boxes. And probably any others of this size.

OK, opened mouth too soon it seems, I tried running the new box, the little M1HD+ a while longer tonight, seemed to go wonky after about 2h30min. Couldn't get it to move off 91w with sev attempts, and after running 2 blind scans, it found nothing-so it wasn't really on 91w ku after all. Once i stuck a little computer fan on top and let it cool a few minutes, it seemed to regain its mind. After reading the manual that's included on a dvd , I find I wasn't really going at the blind scan feature using the correct menu, so I may have just confused the poor thing, lol. It never did feel hot to the touch, but I'm leaning toward using add-on cooling for these boxes. And probably any others of this size.
Sorry to hear it. I won't be buying from X2 anymore. The last two boxes I bought from them were duds. My Premium Mini was just wonky out of the box and the M1HD had overheat issues. Now their 'new' M1HD+ is overheating. :(

fta4pa I haven't had any more problems with this little tiny receiver once I put a fan on top, but I'm only using it as a backup right now. It has very good pq, I'd compare it to the old Fortec Merc2's picture quality , if you remember those. When my original X2 prem2 dies off I suppose I'll use it more. I just don't like these tiny little boxes with no fans, no heatsinks, no feet on the bottom to promote airflow, and no spdif outputs. I'd rather have a receiver that weighs like a vcr and has the ports, jacks and outputs on it that people need.

Reactions: FTA4PA
fta4pa I haven't had any more problems with this little tiny receiver once I put a fan on top, but I'm only using it as a backup right now. It has very good pq, I'd compare it to the old Fortec Merc2's picture quality , if you remember those. When my original X2 prem2 dies off I suppose I'll use it more. I just don't like these tiny little boxes with no fans, no heatsinks, no feet on the bottom to promote airflow, and no spdif outputs. I'd rather have a receiver that weighs like a vcr and has the ports, jacks and outputs on it that people need.
Agreed - what's the point of having such a small footprint if all it does is cause overheat problems and limits connectivity. :confused:

Reactions: RT-Cat and bigg t
My new X squared M1HD+ has been working for about 5 days now and only locked up once. It does not(yet)get hot when operating. Mine does a bad job of moving the dish when it should. I just use the ASC-1 to make the move. Big thing I hate is not being able to rename the satellites. They are name listed and I hate that. Give me numbers that I can remember. This unit will only be used to set the satellite and I switch it over to the TBS8922 card and let NextPVR record the program. Works great for that.

rt cat I'm not so sure they really intended these small box receivers to move a dish, lol. Haven't used mine enough to know yet, I don't think they put out enough power for motor control. I may just use mine out in the yard when I'm tweaking my fixed dishes lol. It does have a dang good video on most channels, though, really crisp.

Turbosat,
Maybe I did not state that correctly. No intension of thinking the receiver can move the dish. The only one I have ever had that could was my 4DTV unit. But this X squared does have DiSEqC 1.2 to tell a controller box to move the dish. That is what does not work well or at all to get the dish to move.
Agree the video is good.

My new X squared M1HD+ has been working for about 5 days now and only locked up once. It does not(yet)get hot when operating. Mine does a bad job of moving the dish when it should. I just use the ASC-1 to make the move. Big thing I hate is not being able to rename the satellites. They are name listed and I hate that. Give me numbers that I can remember. This unit will only be used to set the satellite and I switch it over to the TBS8922 card and let NextPVR record the program. Works great for that.
The asc-1 i ordered will be here in the next couple of days and once i get it set up ill see how it does moving the dish and see what happens. Since i put the fan on mine i have very few issues other then the fact it wont lock heros, decades, and movies. I just tried to get it to lock them again last night and it was no joy. So the next thing i tried was hooking the sathawk receiver up and it did bring in movies and decades but didnt see anything at where heroes should have been. I also tried recording to a usb drive and swapped the stick over to the x2 and had sound but no picture. Didnt try plugging it into the computer yet but ill try that later today. the wife has taken it over today to watch some news cause we get russia today, nhk, and cctv (think this is it the Chinese one) cause shes sick of the presidential loop cnn, fox and msnbc are stuck on. Is this loader you guys are talking about the firmware? is there an updated firmware for this box?

For the price X2 is great.
I think most of the issues can be fixed by adding a cheap USB fan that you can find on Amazon for under 20 dollars.
cheap fan

These are 30-50 dollar boxes and should be treated as so.
I have small issues with both my X2 boxes and my V8 super, however I am tired of giving my money to
big sat/cable companies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)