OTHER x2 mini version 1

I have adjusted skew before but thought it had to do with the actual Dish. Now I know its the LNB.It would be more convenient to turn the LNB
because of the fit on my homemade LNB holder..that way I could run the coax out the side...if I did that I could keep the skew setting on the bracket at 0 ,yes??

I have adjusted skew before but thought it had to do with the actual Dish. Now I know its the LNB.It would be more convenient to turn the LNB
because of the fit on my homemade LNB holder..that way I could run the coax out the side...if I did that I could keep the skew setting on the bracket at 0 ,yes??

You pretty much have to skew your LNB. Maybe, just maybe you could still get a lock on 97w with your skew set at zero. I’d skew it if I were you.

With your budget being tight, I’d get the wineguard 76cm. Sure, it won’t get you all the birds but it will get you 93,95,97,99w. (?Maybe 103w?)I haven’t tried 103w yet but I tried all the other satellites. It’s a no brainer for $55 Winegard 30 Inch Diameter Universal Satellite Dish Antenna (DS-2076) 615798308780 | eBay

I found a Fortec 4 Ft. C/Ku Offset dish for $145.00. Unfortunately, it's in Canada and they won't ship it, has to be picked up at their location. :confused: I've been hitting up all my trucker friends trying to find one with a load going to Canada, but so far, no luck. The darn thing's in Mississauga, Ontario. Right now, they're marked down from $199.00. With the exchange rate, it would be even less expensive.

I found a Fortec 4 Ft. C/Ku Offset dish for $145.00. Unfortunately, it's in Canada and they won't ship it, has to be picked up at their location. :confused: I've been hitting up all my trucker friends trying to find one with a load going to Canada, but so far, no luck. The darn thing's in Mississauga, Ontario. Right now, they're marked down from $199.00. With the exchange rate, it would be even less expensive.

I sure wish there were cheaper. No one wants to give them to me. I’ve inquired and called, everyone said no.

Reactions: wvman
I sure wish there were cheaper. No one wants to give them to me. I’ve inquired and called, everyone said no.

You could drive over and get one. :) You're a lot closer than I am. LOL I can't get any free ones either.

Correction, after looking a Google Earth, you are about the same distance from them as I am. :)

for a -15 skew and FACING the front of the dish...which way do I turn it??? I mean the whole dish...I will mount the LNB straight on..
also I have the LNB sitting in a cradle pointing at the little reflector...I put 3 notches for how far away
the front of the LNB is to the middle of the reflector...they are 5 1/8 and 7 1/8 and 8 1/2 inches.
From looking at pics of the WB dishes I would guess that the 5 1/8 is the best setting. What do you think of that distance..??The angle the LNB is canted up is about 12 degrees.

Last edited:
i need the lnb in the right location....if someone has a Wild Blue setup check the distance between the LNB face and the reflector..
and post it here..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)