Xbox 360 and heat releated issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Xbox 360 getting delivered on Monday. Are these systems still having heat related issues? Is anyone using any of the 3rd part fans? Or has M$ fixed the launch issues.

i have a launch system and have never had a heat issue. just make sure the power pack is ventilated and not crammend on the shelf. treat the xbox like any other component and you will be fine.

I have two launch boxes and haven't had any issues. I personally wouldn't add an external fan because you're changing the designed air flow of the system and also putting additional stress on the internal fan by changing the RPMs.

Thanks. I'll leave it as it. I'm placing the unit on the top of an open air rack. Sounds like I should be okay. Just have to get some games, before the system arrives.

Also, make sure the power brick gets plenty of air and DON'T lay it flat on the carpet. I recommend resting it on its side (supported by the point where the cord goes into it).

I've only seen the blinking red lights once..... during a power blackout that lasted 1 second. Turned off and then on again cured it.

stuart628 said:
hey dont24 how is it working for ya?
360 delivered on Monday. Been working great!! No issues. This thing *does throw
off some heat! Playing some demos, GRAW, and PGR3. I'm going to rent Oblivion this weekend. I was doing some reading about the new system now using Samsung dvd drives? Mine was manufactured 3/29/06 and has the Hitachi drive, which some say is louder. It's loud, but once I get into a game, I don't hear it over the game play...

GamerTag = DonT24

RENT Oblivion??!!??

Dude, this game will suck up the rest of your summer. I've got 120 hours invested so far, and I STILL haven't finished all the quests (I'm one achievement away from completing all of those though)....

Buy it and apologize to your significant other for the dozens of hours you'll be glued to it....

BobMurdoch said:
RENT Oblivion??!!??

Dude, this game will suck up the rest of your summer. I've got 120 hours invested so far, and I STILL haven't finished all the quests (I'm one achievement away from completing all of those though)....

Buy it and apologize to your significant other for the dozens of hours you'll be glued to it....
I always rent games before buying. I do agree with you. If I like it and make the purchase, I've been told it'll suck up all my free time...

Haven't had any problems with my 360 getting too hot, and I've played for many, many hours straight, with no issues--and Oblivion is very addictive :).

I use mine for DVD's, games, streaming movies from Media Center, and everything else I can think of. I think it is great.

And may I recommend Kameo, wow, it is kinda lame--"The Watnot book"--but it is a pretty good game, not to mention it is cheap, got mine for $27 at EB Games, yes it was used, but hey the used Oblivion was $54 when the new one was $59.

I too rented Oblivion, $5.99 for 7 days at Hastings, and if you look at my gamerscore, I only got 120 Gamerscore from those 7 days--I didn't get very far into the game. I am going to wait until I can afford and/or the price comes down to buy it so I can have it.

But yeah I agree, I usually rent first so I can be sure that I'll like it, but this game needs more time than what you can get from renting it. Got to warn you though, Oblivion doesn't catch you right away, you have to play for a while for it to fully suck you into it, lol. At first I didn't think it was that great of a game, but after a little bit of playing it, I found myself enjoying it more and more.

Last edited:
tonyp56 said:
I use mine for DVD's, games, streaming movies from Media Center, and everything else I can think of. I think it is great.

I downloaded connect360 for my Mac and can't get the damn thing working. Pissing me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)