XBOX 360 / DVD Upconversion

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I have an Xbox 360 with the HD-DVD add-on. I dont plan on buying blu-ray anytime soon. I've gained an interest in upconversion.

Queston is, my XBOX 360 with the HD DVD add-on uses a VGA cable to achieve upconversion. How does this compare to one of the new low-price DVD-Upconversion players? Is the 360 comprable or are the standalone players better?

I was led to understand the Xbox 360 add-on doesn't do upconversion. Is there a setting somewhere to enable it? I have the add-on but any regular DVD shows only as 480P on my set.

It will hook up to your pc with a USB cable and can play Dvd's as is... but for HD DVD playback you will need PowerDvd ...

Yup and you can find that in the "Usual" places :D:up +1

Also it makes a great backpack drive. I am hoping to pick a few up on ebay from people dumping them, he he.

Or you could just go to any store that still has them and get a new one for $50 plus tax. The price dropped on them today.

Quoting Engadget though ... "Or you could just throw that $50 into the garbage... same thing." :D

Or you could just go to any store that still has them and get a new one for $50 plus tax. The price dropped on them today.

Quoting Engadget ... "Or you could just throw that $50 into the garbage... same thing." :D

I am not so sure about that quote. They still make great Back Pack DVD drives and you can always rent HD-DVD and convert them to a digital library on your computer.

:p always a use. Just have to be creative.

Also the Media remote comes with it (a universal one at that) so that alone is worth $30 of the dollars.

Yeah, I just got a laugh out of it... I have one already, or I'd consider getting one. I also have a PS3. Just wanted to have all my bases covered. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts