Xbox 360 Pricing Revealed

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
GC 2005: Xbox 360 Pricing Revealed
Microsoft drops the bill at the German Games Convention.
by Tal Blevins
August 17, 2005 - Today at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, Microsoft unveiled the price of their upcoming next-generation system.

The new 'box will come in two flavors, a core and a fully-loaded model, and will carry two separate price points.
The Xbox 360 core system -- priced at $299.99 in the United States, ?299.99 in Europe and £209.99 in the U.K. -- will come with the console, a wired controller, faceplate, standard audio-visual cable and an Xbox Live Silver membership. An Xbox Live Silver membership allows you to create a user id, download game content, access the Xbox 360 marketplace and gives Live users the ability to chat with friends. It does not, however, allow users to play games online. To do this, Silver members must upgrade to a Gold membership.

The Xbox 360 fully-loaded system -- priced at $399.99 in the United States, ?399.99 in Europe and £279.99 in the U.K. -- will come complete with the console, a wireless controller, a 20GB detachable hard drive, a faceplate, headset, component HD audio-visual cables, an Ethernet cable, Xbox Live Silver membership and, for a limited time, an Xbox 360 media remote.

The Xbox 360 will launch in North America, Europe and Japan this holiday season. Expect to hear more about the Japanese launch and pricing at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, which takes place in mid-September.

i was just going to post both articles, but you beat me to it.

i guess i will be going with the one for 400 bucks. figure it is going to be at least an initial 500 dollar investement, maybe more if the games are going to be 60 bucks.

however, can't wait.

If you figure the cost of a headset $20 and DVD Remote $30 and a wireless controller $50 you mine as well go with the $399.99 one. Thats what I am going to get as well.