XBox 360 V1.5 coming?

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
120 GB HDD, cooler, smaller processor chip, HDMI output....

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=010507_6

"Will this be the final nail in the coffin for Sony? Surely not, but all sensationalism aside, this would be a huge step up for Microsoft. Engadget is reporting on a rumor that MS plans to release an upgraded version of the 360, Xbox 360 2.0, which will include a 120 GB HDD and full 1080p via an HDMI output.

Of course, I was led to believe that one of the main strong points of consoles is the fact we never have to upgrade, but I guess that idea would go out the window if the above mentioned rumor is indeed true."

This might tick off folks who got the original version, but if they have a trade in program to upgrade our hard drives, and they figure out a cable that can convert our existing consoles to HDMI output to enable the 1080p for the majority of folks, they can minimize the blowback....

BobMurdoch said:
...This might tick off folks who got the original version...
As a current 360 owner, I'm not feeling particularly salty about the rumor even if it turns out to be true...

I was planning on picking up a Datel Xport 360 to use with my PC anyway. That'll give me access to ~500GB of HDD space for <$50.

Then there's HDMI... since my HDTV's native res is 1366x768, VGA is all I need. The only advantage I could see for HDMI in my set-up is years down the road with the addition of an external VP, a new 1.3 HDMI equipped A/V receiver, or a new 1080p plasma. Since none of these items are in my current budget, it'll be awhile before I start complaining :D

My TV only does component and I dont store stuff other then game places on the hard drive. I do Windows Media Center for music and pictures so dont need HDMI or bigger hard drive. But a good thing nontheless.

Well, that in my opinion is good news. Especially since I had to sell my 360 recently (needed $, games less important than bills). Now when I get the chance, I'll be able to pick up one that is better. :D

why is everyone celebrating having to buy another 360??? this just shows that microsoft knows they screwed up, and should have included HDMI...and here alot of people are screaming yea for Microsoft heres another 3-400 dollars.

They are letting us keep the old ones too you know. HDMI doesn't do a lot for me. No plans for a high end A/V set up and 1080p via component and VGA on my set.

why is everyone celebrating having to buy another 360??? this just shows that microsoft knows they screwed up, and should have included HDMI...and here alot of people are screaming yea for Microsoft heres another 3-400 dollars.
i for one am livid that they now decide to come out with new 360 if they do this hddvd should be internal drive then sell bigger hdd accessory
although i wont need hdmi till i get 1080p display a long ways away
Component(which does 1080p as well) all the way with Optical sound

i for one am livid that they now decide to come out with new 360 if they do this hddvd should be internal drive then sell bigger hdd accessory
although i wont need hdmi till i get 1080p display a long ways away
Component(which does 1080p as well) all the way with Optical sound

Well the HD-DVD will not be included. MS never plans to implement this. They don't want to burden everyone with something that "might be the next betamax". There will be a bigger HDD but also a bigger price tag.

hopefully the make an add on hdmi cable for the original. no doubt they will release a standalone HD. i have two 360's and don't plan on buying anymore.

I dont think the original can handle HDMI. The output, with multiple output methods, is only analog which means component, composite, RF, VGA, etc. I dont think the hardware can handle DVI or HDMI.

They are letting us keep the old ones too you know. HDMI doesn't do a lot for me. No plans for a high end A/V set up and 1080p via component and VGA on my set.

I know you are not trading them in, and technically you could sell it on ebay, I just think its funny that is all....any word on when this comes out?

I know you are not trading them in, and technically you could sell it on ebay, I just think its funny that is all....any word on when this comes out?

Ya know...I'm livid!!! LOL

I just shelled out almost $400 for mine a few weeks back. And now there's as newer one that will have HDMI *and* a larger harddrive? MS really screwed up. They should have done this "upgrade" during the Christmas shopping season.

WTF!?!

Hmmm... mine's still under 30 days old, if it comes out soon enough I may try to do a direct swap.

This is some BS. Even thought I am more of a supporter of Sony for consoles, this pisses me off. There should not be a Version 2 with extra upgrades. I didn't buy this console to need to upgrade to it a year later. I guarantee I wont have to do it for the PS3.

And I am not at all surprised by the reaction of the Sony haters here. Place Sony in place of M$ and PS3 in place of 360, and let the PS3 be out one year and this be happening, and the response would be TOTALLY different. AND YOU KNWO THIS, MANNNNNNNNNN

This just shows xbox 360 v1 lost the war vs PS3.
Let round 2 begin xbox 360 v2 vs the same PS3. (360 will fail again)

No doubt MS is in a position to piss off a lot of people. I'm waiting to here what they say tomorrow. My 360 had a rebate so I don't have as much room to complain about a new model.

No doubt MS is in a position to piss off a lot of people. I'm waiting to here what they say tomorrow. My 360 had a rebate so I don't have as much room to complain about a new model.

rebate or no rebate Posty, isnt it unfair practice to treat the consumers this way? you have to see that Microsoft thinks they are this giant, and people will pay anything for their products (see Halo 3 demo, the only demo that will cost money.)

rebate or no rebate Posty, isnt it unfair practice to treat the consumers this way? you have to see that Microsoft thinks they are this giant, and people will pay anything for their products (see Halo 3 demo, the only demo that will cost money.)

I guess I don't see why this reflects badly on MS. Would it be better of them not to upgrade their product, so that future buyers get less than they might? No one who has one now would have less than they did before.

My neighbor bought a 30gb photo ipod two weeks before the video was announced. He is still pissed. Hasn't hurt the sales.

But that's a completely non-valid argument here. In all honestly it is a dumb response. A console is supposed to be built to last at least 3 years. EVERY console I have ever played has lasted at least this long. When MS starts to make a better version, they are hurting all of us who paid and waited for that console. Apple is in a completely different ballpark here. I expect a new iPod every year to year and a half, and if your neighbor new how to look some stuff he, he would be able to expect the new product, and waited for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts