XBox 360 V1.5 coming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Guys please remember this. Buying video programming and gaming with HD technology is like having a sickness like cancer or aids. Doctor can probably cure cancer or aids, but there no money in releasing the cure. The money is in the treatment.

So long as you have the sickness for the latest feature and visuals gimmicks in gaming technology. Then keep you wallet open to buy treatments. Because, there is no cure and there will never will be a cure.

In some ways or another we all have a visual sickness, with this High Definition thing and everyone in the technology market is offering treatments.

Know your limit, it's up to you to decide if you have enough. !!!!!!

If you felt the machine was not "right", why buy it? I do't plan to upgrade mine, and see no indication that it will not "last a little while without the need to upgrade". If they were introducing games that needed a hardware upgrade, that would be one thing. As it is, they are just offering new customers more for their money.

You are correct....I could vote with my cash and not buy the system. But, I love videogames and I had to have one. It's the poor planning that kills me. No HDMI? A 20 gig hard drive that even before you download anything is really a 14 gig hd. Really....come out with a bigger drive or give people the capablility to connect a hd of their own to the thing. I should be able to connect an external drive of 300 gig to the 360 without a problem. Instead MS sells a 20 gig drive for $100 ...makes a killing and then is going to turn around and offer a 40 or 60 gig HD for double the price. But, I love playing and I need my game system. I just wish MS didn't feel the need to milk us hard for everything.

As long as the upgrades do not affect game design or game play why would anyone be upset. M$ can see that the PS3 is giving BluRay a hugh advantage in the numbers department and BluRay movie sales thru December 06 are proving them out.

This is a very smart move by M$. A midterm adjustment is just the thing M$ needs to stay ahead of Sony. It might even help the HD-DVD market keep pace until the real cheap Chinese HD-DVD players hit the market this fall.

A new version will not affect gameing unless M$ allows gaming content on HD-DVDs. Then everyone can get upset -- and for good reason. If they do not allow that then the new version will not affect your current XBOX360 nor your gameplay. Frankly, you should only be upset if you just recently purchased your XBOX360 and would rather of purchased the larger hard drive with HDMI and possibly a HD-DVD drive included.

I figure this...I don't have a 1080p display. I want future-proof 1080p products as much as the next guy, but, as I thought about it and my situation (I own a lowly circa-2004 720p Sony RPTV...boo hoo. I'm holding out a couple of years for a next gen SED full 1080p set w/ contrast ratio beyond belief), I realized that 1080i will do just fine.

I figure, in 2 years, we'll see if an upgrade of my console is warranted. Hell, there may be an entirely new Xbox system on the horizon by then. Would love HDMI--I'd hope they'd provide a peripheral path for original 360s for that, though. We'll see.

If they want to release expanded content games using HD-DVD...I say bring it on. They should be able to do that utilizing the add-on for legacy console owners no problem.

Why would anyone NOT want that option?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts