XBOX connect to internet via HR22 and CCK-W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
My HR22 is connected to the internet via CCK-W. Can I plug my XBOX ethernet cable into the secondary ethernet port in the HR22 and connect wirelessly? I tried, but no joy. Don't know if this is a problem with my setup or is simply not possible. TIA!

"plug my XBOX ethernet cable into the secondary ethernet port in the HR22 and connect wirelessly?"

Can you re-explain what you are wanting to do exactly? asking about using your ethernet cable to connect wirelessly is a bit confusing to provide a proper answer.

Of course. My HR22 is connected to my wifi network via the CCK-W so it is wireless. If I run an ethernet cable from the xbox to the HR22, will it connect to to the internet via the HR22/CCK-W thereby establishing a wireless connection for xbox live, netflix, etc? Make sense?

But why can't I just run it through the HR22? When the HR22's ethernet port is plugged directly into a router (no CCK-W), one can run an xbox through the secondary ethernet port/ Seems I should be able to do the same here. Perhaps not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts