Signal #s Decreased on the 103 ca/cb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scoop8

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas TX
Hey guys, I have a question about the 103 and signal #"s on the "Satt Signal" screen.

My info:

SL5 install in '08. No SWM or MRV. Standard 4-downlead install with 3 LMB's on the SL5 mast.
HR22
Dallas location

I checked my sig strength #'s yesterday for the first time in a while and I noticed that I'm getting lower than normal #'s on the 103 ca/cb birds. My average #'s are between the high 70's and the low 80's. I'm guessing that my dish got slightly knocked out of alignment recently as we had a strong wind storm earlier this week. The last time I checked the #'s was several weeks ago with low to mid-90 #'s.

The thing that I was curious about is, when I check my local HD spot beam #'s on the 103, they're all good, mid to high 90's.

The actual bird is at 107.8 Deg W, right? And the spot beams are on the same bird? That's what I'm thinking so I'm curious as to why the spot beam sig's are good #'s but the conus #'s are low, if the dish is not peaked on the 103. Is that due to a difference in transponder power output (spot vs consus transponders)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts