Xbox One launch ad nails Microsoft's next-gen vision

I cant wait for the Xbox one. Having played both consoles, in my opinion Xbox blows the PS4 out of the water. The fanboys make too much out of nothing and games play pretty darn good on the Xbox. Unfortunately, Microsoft's PR department has done about as bad as you can do when it comes to promoting a product or responding to mistakes that should have never happened. That sucks because the Xbox one is a great product in its self, but the reputation that has proceeded to it by poor PR from Microsoft has hurt the Xbox in my opinion.

I cant wait for the Xbox one. Having played both consoles, in my opinion Xbox blows the PS4 out of the water. The fanboys make too much out of nothing and games play pretty darn good on the Xbox. Unfortunately, Microsoft's PR department has done about as bad as you can do when it comes to promoting a product or responding to mistakes that should have never happened. That sucks because the Xbox one is a great product in its self, but the reputation that has proceeded to it by poor PR from Microsoft has hurt the Xbox in my opinion.

I'm honestly not trying to start a console war here but in what way does the Xbox One blow the PS4 out of the water? I went with PS4 first but I still have about $300 in Gamestop credit so I am thinking about picking up an Xbox One once they are available in stores too. I think IGN has always favored Sony over Microsoft but they have given PS4 the edge in graphics on their comparison videos of multiplatform games. In reality these boxes have very similar hardware and multiplatform games will probably look identical to most people. I have played the PS4 but I haven't had a chance to test out the Xbox One to make my own comparisons.

For most of the PS3/360 generation multiplatform games commonly performed better on 360 because it had more video ram. I'm curious to see which of these two consoles I will be buying my multiplatform games on this generation. Even though some games like COD are 1080p on PS4 but limited to 720p on Xbox One resolution isn't the end all be all. Gaming in a lower resolution often means a GPU is able to push out a higher framerate or more objects on the screen at once.

I'm honestly not trying to start a console war here but in what way does the Xbox One blow the PS4 out of the water? I went with PS4 first but I still have about $300 in Gamestop credit so I am thinking about picking up an Xbox One once they are available in stores too. I think IGN has always favored Sony over Microsoft but they have given PS4 the edge in graphics on their comparison videos of multiplatform games. In reality these boxes have very similar hardware and multiplatform games will probably look identical to most people. I have played the PS4 but I haven't had a chance to test out the Xbox One to make my own comparisons.

For most of the PS3/360 generation multiplatform games commonly performed better on 360 because it had more video ram. I'm curious to see which of these two consoles I will be buying my multiplatform games on this generation. Even though some games like COD are 1080p on PS4 but limited to 720p on Xbox One resolution isn't the end all be all. Gaming in a lower resolution often means a GPU is able to push out a higher framerate or more objects on the screen at once.
They're really 2 different systems. The point of the Xbox "One" is that it's the "One" system you need, being a gaming system, multimedia suite, DVR, etc etc. PS4 is basically just a gaming system with a few apps available. For me now, if I had to choose one or the other, I'd pick the PS4 because A: I don't have a cable system to allow the input features to work, and B: Nearly everything else the One does from a multimedia standpoint I can do with my computer.

This generation really is different because it's not longer a specs fight (no matter how much the fanboys want it to be) and now it comes down to what you want the system to do. Exclusives nowadays are very rare, so it's not like you get a drastically different experience. It's not like the old days of Sega/Nintendo/Sony. Now it really comes down to what you want in a system, which I think overall is a good thing. Anyone still pining over which one has the best graphics (which 99% of the time can only be determined by a direct side by side comparison) or other random best gaming "feature" (as opposed to which just gives you the best games) is missing the point.

Before the console war talk gets fully underway, I'm just grateful that two major electronics/software companies are continuing to push the envelope in video game consoles, making them more affordable and accessible than ever before. I realize they are both in it for the money. But speaking as a Playstation fan, neither console would be what it is without the other, as we continue to see greater and greater parity in the systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)