Xbox one streaming improved

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Anyone else noticed that with Netflix? its now better than my roku, it was the worst option I had.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

The only thing I have streamed on my Xbox One so far is Amazon Instant. The picture quality ranges from good to okay with Amazon on the Xbox for me. I stream Netflix on my Apple TV for the most part and the picture quality doing that is noticeably better than Amazon on the Xbox One. I prefer the Apple TV/Roku for streaming over a console because they are low power, silent, and I prefer their interface and remotes. The Xbox One has fixed the noise complaint I had with the PS3/360. The only reason I'm using the Xbox for Amazon is because it isn't available on the Apple TV.

Next time I watch Netflix I'll try it on the Xbox to see if it's Amazon or the console causing the issues. I don't use the Roku in my bedroom for Amazon often but I don't remember getting the quality dips I sometimes see on the Xbox One.

The Apple TV will probably be my main device for MLB.tv streaming again this season too. I think the Xbox One will be getting some use with MLB.tv though. I can already see myself playing Titanfall with an MLB game "snapped" over to the side. I tried this with Dead Rising 3 a few times during NFL games. The only thing missing for this feature to be great is independent volume control. I couldn't hear what was happening during cutscenes because the NFL game was too loud. They basically just mix both audio sources together without a way to turn down or mute one or the other. This wouldn't be as much of an issue with a multiplayer game like Titanfall.

The Apple TV will probably be my main device for MLB.tv streaming again this season too. I think the Xbox One will be getting some use with MLB.tv though. I can already see myself playing Titanfall with an MLB game "snapped" over to the side. I tried this with Dead Rising 3 a few times during NFL games. The only thing missing for this feature to be great is independent volume control. I couldn't hear what was happening during cutscenes because the NFL game was too loud. They basically just mix both audio sources together without a way to turn down or mute one or the other. This wouldn't be as much of an issue with a multiplayer game like Titanfall.

And just like that, my complaint has been squashed. I am in the early software update program. I saw that I had a new, pre-release update waiting for me this morning. The first thing I did was go to the settings and see what has been changed. There is now an audio mixing setting under the sound settings tab. I'm not positive if this was in the last public software update or just in the pre-release update I got this morning.

By default, the snapped app is set at a slightly higher volume setting than the game audio. You can set the mix to your liking at various different levels. It's a slider with the left side being more game audio and the right side being more "snapped" audio. It goes from full game audio with no snapped audio to full snapped audio with no game audio with several steps in between.

I messed with the settings a little bit but I didn't actually try it out yet. This came at a perfect time for me because we are just about to get into the MLB season. I don't see this being very useful for scripted TV but I think it will be great for keeping track of a sporting event while playing a multiplayer game. I will definitely be snapping a few MLB.tv games over to the side while I play Titanfall now. I wouldn't watch my Tigers games this way but it's perfect for keeping track of a fantasy baseball pitcher while you get your gaming session in. It would have been nice for those days where I just keep NFL Redzone on all day long too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)