XBOX Series X/S

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
It is launch day, who was able to get one?

I was able to order one from Gamestop, but had to pay $900 for the bundle to do so.

i got question i getting the Series X on Thursday , can it steam movies from pc to the Series X same way the Xbox does ? thanks

i got question i getting the Series X on Thursday , can it steam movies from pc to the Series X same way the Xbox does ? thanks
We can't tell you that unless you tell us what the "same way the Xbox does" means.

Do you have a media server on your "PC" or are you wanting to use file sharing?

We can't tell you that unless you tell us what the "same way the Xbox does" means.

Do you have a media server on your "PC" or are you wanting to use file sharing?
i just have my ethernet cable hook up to video share from mine Internet Router to the xbox, yes it a media server , and xbox automatically saw my computer i was able to play / steam video files to my xbox, i didn't need to do anything else

The early results suggest that the new models aren't all that adept. They certainly have the horsepower but the Xbox Media Player software hasn't been updated and the remote control options aren't there yet.

VLC is available.

i got mine yesterday and it does have the same thing as the One does, so im happy about that that , got a another i put mine system in like small enclose space do you think it will over heat?

i got mine yesterday and it does have the same thing as the One does, so im happy about that that , got a another i put mine system in like small enclose space do you think it will over heat?
The reason they went to towers is because heat is going to be a problem. Placing anything electronic in an "oven" is a really bad idea as the manual reminds. On the third of seven pages of warnings at the beginning of the manual, there's this second caution about console placement:
Xbox Series X manual said:
Do not place the console in a confined space, such as a bookcase, rack, or stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated. Do not place the console near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or amplifiers.

Using the Xbox One in an environment where the external temperature varies widely and quickly might damage the console. When moved to a location with a emperature difference of 20 degrees or more from the previous location, allow the console to come to room temperature before turning it on. The console's operating temperature is +5oC (+41oF) to +35oC (+95oF).
I imagine that "well ventilated" means fan blown.

Reactions: lacubs
The reason they went to towers is because heat is going to be a problem. Placing anything electronic in an "oven" is a really bad idea as the manual reminds. On the third of seven pages of warnings at the beginning of the manual, there's this second caution about console placement:

I imagine that "well ventilated" means fan blown.
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts