Xbox three rings of death?

Speaking of controllers, anyone have controllers die on them? Friend had a rechargeable battery die which is to be expected, but on one of mine the analog sticks are getting a little lazy I think, don't go right back to center all the time. Played the hell out of them for going on 3 years so I guess I've gotten what I paid for, but just wondering.

Thanks to everyone for there input. I got my sons original Xbox 360 back two days ago. It was only about a week turn around! However I now have two Xbox 360's and on PS3 which I love. What can I do with a 360 without a hard drive? I tried to play my son over a LAN connection which would be fun but you must have a profile which means a hard drive. Any suggestions?

the older 64mb memory cards are just several bucks on Ebay, otherwise you can get a half gig memory card for $40 or $50 or watch for the 20gb drives on clearance.

There is expected to be a 60gb hard drive bundle announced soon that also includes 3 months of Xbox Live for $99. The HDD prices for 360 have been so exorbantly high that it sounds like a bargain at this point to snag a 60gb for 'only' $100.

Thanks to everyone for there input. I got my sons original Xbox 360 back two days ago. It was only about a week turn around! However I now have two Xbox 360's and on PS3 which I love. What can I do with a 360 without a hard drive? I tried to play my son over a LAN connection which would be fun but you must have a profile which means a hard drive. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the multiple console club :) You could always sell it, if you really don't need 2 360s. How did you end up with one without an HDD?

Welcome to the multiple console club :) You could always sell it, if you really don't need 2 360s. How did you end up with one without an HDD?

Easy. I went out a got him a refurbished one from game stop thinking I was looking at a month turn around. I got the cheapest (The one that doesn't come with a hard drive) 360 and put his old hard drive on.

I didn't know Gamestop sold refurbs without a hard drive. I wonder if they sell used drives? May be worth a look. I have 2 360s and my kids like playing system link games from time to time. I just go rent a 2nd copy of a game I already have.

I didn't know Gamestop sold refurbs without a hard drive. I wonder if they sell used drives? May be worth a look. I have 2 360s and my kids like playing system link games from time to time. I just go rent a 2nd copy of a game I already have.

That leads me to another question. Do you have to have two copies of the game? I've played my son on PC games over a LAN and we just swapped out discs to boot up the games. If I have to have two copies it is not worth it to me to have a second 360 and go buy a hard drive etc...

Yes. You need 2 of the same games, if you want to use system link or Xbox live locally.

Yes. You need 2 of the same games, if you want to use system link or Xbox live locally.

Thanks. I guess I will see what gamestop will give me for it. If it isn't at least 100.00 I think I will just keep it as a backup for my son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)