Xbox360!!

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
Well fellas my wife bought my son and i a Xbox360 today!! I accidentally found out but was so cool of a present!!!:D Can any of you tell me if Project Gotham is a cool game?

It's a realistic racing game if that is what you are looking for. Similar to gran tourismo. Graphics are amazing!! It is also nice for online play. I also have Need for speed: Most Wanted and prefer that for pure entertainment.

OK cool thank you for the reply!!! I do have another question? I just went and bought a (Microsoft VGA HD AV Cable Xbox 360). Just wondering if anyone is using one of these hooked up to a flat panel LCD?

Not enough users to get a response to the VGA cable i'm afraid. I remember someone else asking about it and not getting a response...sorry...

Project Gotham is great but it's not a pure racer, it's got that "style points" element that sucks the fun out of it for me. I want to be first, not be first while being as wild-as-possible-without-crashing... I have heard absolutely NOTHING about ridge racer 6 which is a shame, i've always liked that series.

I'd say if you're not already a member of gamefly(.com), sign up and rent some stuff. At $60 for some of these games, it's kind of steep to be jumping into...

I have a Monster Cable VGA connected to the flat screen in my room. Looks brilliant! Not sure how the cable from MS compares though. The Monster VGA prices at $20 more. If you are a monster Cable fan than that might be the way to go. Or just pick them both up and see what give you a better picture on your display and return the other one.

Prometheus23 said:
I have a Monster Cable VGA connected to the flat screen in my room. Looks brilliant! Not sure how the cable from MS compares though. The Monster VGA prices at $20 more. If you are a monster Cable fan than that might be the way to go. Or just pick them both up and see what give you a better picture on your display and return the other one.

OK cool thank you for the reply!!:D

I have both PGR3 and NFS MW and both are fun. For shear enjoyment I prefer NFS MW. I find myself getting up from the couch and walking around the room as I race. PGR3 can be frustrating at times.

Last edited:
anybody out there having over-heating problems with the XBox360?

Also, what about phosphor burn with the stationary icons on the games? My son would like to play it on my 73" Mits. but I dunno...

Bruce

jonesbruce91361 said:
anybody out there having over-heating problems with the XBox360?

Also, what about phosphor burn with the stationary icons on the games? My son would like to play it on my 73" Mits. but I dunno...

Bruce

No over-heating problems here, although it does get warm and can be quite loud. I've played for up to 3 hours with no problems.

I'm still using an SDTV so no help with the burn-in Q. I did take it to a friend's house that has HD and it was a MAJOR improvement over SD. My wife just got her new furniture, so my TV is the next big purchase!

white94cobra said:
I have both PGR3 and NFS MW and both are fun. For shear enjoyment I prefer NFS MW. I find myself getting up from the couch and walking around the room as I race. PGR3 can be frustrating at times.
Hey Cobra are you using a racing wheel or controller?? Never mind you said walk around the room!!

As for overheating, keep the power brick standing on its side and well ventilated. In 45 days I've only had ONE freezeup on DOA4 last week. It wsn't heat related, because I reset the game AND played for ANOTHER 3 hours.

I'm a prime candidate too as there is only about an inch clearance to the shelf above it in my cabinet. It gets warm, but no failures yet......

BlackHitachi said:
Hey Cobra are you using a racing wheel or controller?? Never mind you said walk around the room!!

Yeah... I'm using the controller. As luck would have it my wife bought the kids a racing wheel for the XBox this Christmas... but no go for the 360. Maybe an adapter exists (or soon will) that allows XBox controllers on the 360.

Do you play online at all? I have had Live for almost a year but never play online because I tend to suck compared to everyone else. Apparently while I'm at work everyone else perfects their gaming skills - go figure.

The trick is to find "friends" with similar skills as you and add them to your friends list to try and seek them out online. Also, the XBox360 lets you pick "Recreation" as a skill level which will not attract the hardcore types who usually smack you down......

Just make sure you plug the power supply in the wall socket and not a power strip...I have had no problems...also i went ahead and spent the $59 on the extra 2 yr warranty but I think you have only 10 days to do it....

I disagree. Mine is plugged into a GOOD power strip (OK, I agree, don't get the cheapo $5 ones and you'll be fine). I got mine from Monster Power. Like Bose, definitely overpriced, but it is working fine. I've had one since launch day, and it hasn't frozen up once due to power issues (I had one freezeup on DOA4, but I reset and played the game for 3 hours after that so I think it was just a software glitch)

my point on the 360 power issue is to make sure its not competing with other devices for power...I have had ZERO issues with games or DVD's with it being the ONLY device plugged into a power source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts