XFL 2.0 you watching

Among the list of failed spring leagues, you will find the WLAF/NFL Europe/NFL Europa League, which was the same “minor league” concept. The NFL owned that one, and would send backups to get playing time.

Failed.

Unless the NFL creates their own G League, nothing will last. Even that would probably fail.
Yes it would.

The WLAF was pretty close to that, but more broadly, the simple fact is that the American people SAY they want more football. Until given more football, when they ignore it totally. WFL, USFL 1.0, CFL-USA, WLAF/NFL Europe/NFL Europa League, UFL, XFL 1.0, XFL 2.0, AAF, etc, etc. etc.

In reality the American people want the NFL, during the NFL’s time of the year, and all the other sports in their times.

The trouble with alternatives is that the alternatives don't mean anything. The NFL has The Super Bowl. You can't reinvent that without time. And the best players are already in the NFL, so any other football product will be inferior.

The alternatives play in smaller markets where there is less money and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom. What is interesting is the MLS has managed to see good to substantial sized and dedicated markets in Portland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Seattle. Even Orlando. And this is for third rate soccer, but it is the best domestically we have

Alternative football just doesn't carry any importance or legacy and it is second rate. A small portion of people are desperate for an alternative, but that group of people just isn't sizable enough to warrant the investment of hundreds of millions of dollars to make a league work, not nationally.

Reactions: SamCdbs
UAB needs to sue the Seattle team for trademark.

This won’t last a year.

As to Las Vegas, the Raiders stadium is tied up a lot, Sam Boyd is a dump, there are some HSs. No one is going anyway.

It may last, well see ....
Imthink tweams are more financially sound this year vs a few other years and they have good backing ...

I'll give it a try for a bit and see how it goes.

The league last year didn't do much for me, but the previous one I liked alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts