XM Dual Lead antenna to single input tuner

hokiecb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Southwest VA
Anybody got a solution or know of an adaptor to connect an older dual lead antenna to a new xm single input tuner? I know you can just connect the sat cable, but then I'd be losing the terrestrial signal.. right? I'd love to use my older antenna but not lose the ter sig. Theres an adaptor for new single lead antennas to dual lead input tuners but i cant find one the other way around.

I don't think I've seen anything that goes from a two lead antenna into a single lead for newer XM Radios. I checked the link n8mycbob gave, but nothing I saw would work for what you need. Why do you need to use the older style antenna?

I've been around for quite a while looking for different things that go with Satellite radio and unfortunately have never found anything like this. It would be a great invention for someone to come up with though.

I don't think I've seen anything that goes from a two lead antenna into a single lead for newer XM Radios. I checked the link n8mycbob gave, but nothing I saw would work for what you need. Why do you need to use the older style antenna?

I had one of the glass mount xm's on my first radio that I installed in 2002. I liked the way it mounted (ease and didnt have to route wires outside), and had great luck with the performance of it. I also heard that the newer generation antennas were better performers, but I never had any problems from the old one. I sold the vehicle, and I found one of the old antennas on ebay and wanted to figure out a way to use it with a newer radio in my new vehicle. I dont thing such an adaptor exists. I've got a few friends that work at Crutchfield tech support and they cant find any either, also all google searches have failed. However, I'm convinced its possible and am still interested in finding a solution.

Terk makes a new glass mount antenna that should hopefully function very similar to what you're used to, and it has the correct connection. Its called the Terk XM11. Might be worth a Google if you're interested.