XM for Business?

Willis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Just curious, does anyone have any idea what XM charges for a business account?I would like to get rid of Muzak in my store and install XM..

getting rid of muzak is a good idea,they charge way to much and not very user friendly.i would check into getting sirius instead of XM though, sirius only charges 24.99 a month where xm charges 27.99 a month."in business every dollar you save counts".also,sirius has a more suitable music line up.they also seem to be more business friendly.

Well I am back trying to get rid of Muzak, Looking for some thoughts on stations on both XM and Sirius that would be good for a grocery store? Not looking for oldies (50's) but has to be acceptable to customers...oh and NO Country!

joedekock said:
That's based on opinion. I have installed XM for some of of my clients at their business' and they love it.

Thanks any thoughts on a good station for a business? My old store had Muzak 50's and 60's music... new store has Country..neither are really my taste..

well if you like 60s and 70s music there are the 60s and 70s channels on xm as well as top tracks which is the top songs from the 60s and 70s. If thats not what your looking for im sure XM has something that will work for you

sirius has a channel called the shuffle,they play a nice mix of 80s,90' and even some current music,but it is nothing harsh at all.this would a nice selection for a grocery store.don't forget sirius for business is only $24.95 where XM charges $27.95 per month.

Willis said:
Thanks any thoughts on a good station for a business? My old store had Muzak 50's and 60's music... new store has Country..neither are really my taste..

My shop has the "40's on channel 4" or "real Jazz" playing non-stop. I personally like that music so I don't mind it. But from a business standpoint, it is the least offensive music that is still has a beat.

yes i can reply to that,sirius business radio has 65 music channels available,and as well,if you would want to,you could listen to the talk channels in your business,the reason i know this is that i have been a authorized SIRIUS RADIO DEALER sense early 2003 for residential and commercial establishments,i have installed sirius in many Mexican restaurants other types of business's.
unless they have changed this policy recently,which i don't think they have,a business can listen to what ever channel on sirius they want to.
the music on sirius and xm are pretty similar,but just from experience i believe sirius is easier to work with as far as business goes,and it is still 3 dollars a month less expensive.

Beagle said:
i have been a authorized SIRIUS RADIO DEALER sense early 2003 for residential and commercial establishments
Gee, I would have never guessed. It's not like you tried (twice) to push Sirius onto someone who was clearly more interested in XM. oh wait....nevermind.