XM MYFI for only $199!

Thanks Scott! I just ordered one for $199. Even with the commitment required, it's still cheaper than most places on the web w/o service!

Another great SATELLITE GUYS deal!!!

Bmcswims said:
Does anyone know if Sirius is planning on releasing anything like the XM MYFI?

Welcome to Satelliteguys.us satellite radio forum.

Yes, Sirius will have the Xact ReGo out by this summer. It will have additional features that are currently not available on the MyFi. There will be a MP3 player, flash memory that will record 4 hours of Sirius content, a removable SD like card that will hold 1 gig of memory that can be organized, playlists created and edited on your PC. May even have PIM functions like a Palm. Sirius has not released everything yet, more to come. I can tell you this unit will be sold in Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, Wal-Mart and probably other retailers.

Here is a picture of a prototype I took at CES this January.

Thanks for link Scott...order on Monday...Delivered Tuesday....have been XMing everywhere Since then....

What if you already have XM? Why would I want to pay the 3 months of service for $29.97 and then take a chance by calling them to get it reduced to $6.99/mo and they find out that I am not authorized to get the offer. I would hate to get a bill later on for the remaining $150.00 to bring it to the $349.99 selling price.

When I received my Myfi it was not pre-activated like it was supposed to be so I called to get it activated...I asked if I could add it to my family plan (this being the primary and my Skyfi being the secondary) but the CSR told me that since it was a special offer (pre-pay 3 months and keep active for six months) that I had to keep it as a seperate account until the six months were up and then I could add it to the family plan...I figure with just an 18 dollar difference over six months that pales in comparison to the money I saved on this offer.

I plan on changing my existing SkyFi, via family plan, to the new aaccount created by the MyFi I just bought. I just hope the fine folks at XM actually ship it Today, so I can start enjoying my MyFi tomorrow!

I got mine last week and it's great. I have used the "personal" antenna on the inside of my car windshield a few times, and it works "sometimes". I am considering installing the included vehicle antenna.

How do most people attach this antenna to the car? Do they use double sided tape, or does it have to be drilled? (YIKES!) The documentation does not make this very clear.

Also, is there a reason that the personal antenna connector is a smaller size than the connector in the cradles? I hate having so many wires coming out of the bottom of that thing, it's so clean when using the batteries, the personal antenna, and the FM Modulator.

At any rate, for $199 plus the service, this is a great deal!

Wow!! They have some other amazing deals there too. Roady2 including the home kit for 49.00!! I just picked one up from Best buy for 99.00 without a home kit, which they sell separately for another 49.00. Looks like I'll be ordering this one and returning the one from best buy. Worth it to save 100.00.

Thanks for the info!!

JonUrban said:
How do most people attach this antenna to the car? Do they use double sided tape, or does it have to be drilled? (YIKES!) The documentation does not make this very clear.
Its a magnet. Nothing to drill or tape. :)

Thanks for the good deal Scott! I just picked a MyFi up after listening to their content online for a few hours.

This should compliment my Sirius via DISH Network nicely.

:confused: What about this?? "By accepting the terms and conditions of the offer, you certify that you are a current employee of this retailer and agree that XM Satellite Radio reserves the right to charge the full MSRP plus other applicable fees and taxes at any time if this information cannot be verified, or if you are not authorized to redeem this offer." Does anyone know the retailer they're referring to and more importantly have all of you gotten your deal? Can they really charge you the full price if they somehow find out and have they charged any of you that? I'll just wait for a few responses to feel reasured about this and if its all good, I'm getting me a myfi.

flex said:
:confused: What about this?? "By accepting the terms and conditions of the offer, you certify that you are a current employee of this retailer and agree that XM Satellite Radio reserves the right to charge the full MSRP plus other applicable fees and taxes at any time if this information cannot be verified, or if you are not authorized to redeem this offer." Does anyone know the retailer they're referring to and more importantly have all of you gotten your deal? Can they really charge you the full price if they somehow find out and have they charged any of you that? I'll just wait for a few responses to feel reasured about this and if its all good, I'm getting me a myfi.

Yep, it looks like they can charge you full MSRP if you do not qualify. It maybe be better to buy one when it goes on sale.

flex said:

Mine arrived two days ago and I have been rocking out to XM radio since then. They never asked where I worked at all. Perhaps Scott can chime in on how he was able to make this available to his members.

I suggest you get one, before the good price disappears. :)

-Bill

Sirius Portable Tuner

siruis or xm codes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)