XM Promotions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
my 3 month complementary subscription to XM in my Nissan has just passed and they have shut me off. I would like this service, however I dont' use it enough to justify $13.00 a month for it. I had seen a 12 months for $77 dollar deal, however I just called them and they said that deal is no longer available (supposedly its been around since 2003, looks like this is thanks to the merger). Is there any better deal than the multi-year deals they have been giving me? While these deals save me a dollar or 2 a month, This is not enough for me as I can honestly live without it.

You would think that they people with the radio built in their car a GREAT promotional rate for the first year or so....after that time, most of them would be hooked.

Info anyone?

I called XM last month, because my year was coming up for renewal, and I basically told them from the start, that either I would be cancelling my service, or they would renew me for the $77/year. Having Satellite Radio isn't worth the $13/mo or so to me, but half that price most definitely is worth the price. They came back originally and told me that the special was no longer available, and would I like to get 3 months free service instead. I said nope, cancel my account. They kept trying other 'tempting' offers, but none matched the $77/year. I finally told them one more time, that I don't have time to sit here and tell them what I want and they either need to renew me at the $77/year price, or cancel my service now. They put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and told me that they had approval to do so.

So that's what you need to do, call in to cancel the account, and be VERY insistant on them honoring that price -- OR -- you could go about it a different way, and say you received a postcard in the mail stating that you were elgible for the $77/year special.. What are they going to say?

good luck!

For me the $13 a month is well worth it. I have 2 radios, and I just love the content. Oh well, to each his own.

I just got off the phone with XM an hour ago, she offered me a 5 month deal at $ 9.99.

The guys at work tell me they have 2 radios on one account and only pay $ 10 p/m for it.
I ran it by her and she had never heard of that plan, thats when she offered me the 5 month deal, but said a 2 nd radio would be 6.99 p/m.
Also offered me the SKYFI 3 radio, $159 radio for $ 39, that price is good till they run out.

Be sure to check out the merger webpages, looks like they have an interesting pricing policy coming once the merger is finalized.

XMmerger.com | XM + SIRIUS Satellite Radio = More Choices, Better Pricing, Same Radios

Jimbo

For me the $13 a month is well worth it. I have 2 radios, and I just love the content. Oh well, to each his own.

Yep, just not worth it for me. I really tried to get myself hooked on it because I have always wanted sat radio for no other reason than I liked the concept of it. However, after using it for 3 months, I just wasn't that impressed. Maybe if there was a way to have a screen and guide like sat. TV, I would go for it. The way it is, its 170 channels of content that was organized, but since I like listening to many different channels types of music, was actually difficult to use. I ended up putting it on one or two channels of Mixed music, and realized that My Ipod does a better job of playing music I want to listen too all the time.

With Sat radio I ended up turning the channel every other song, its not he way i would like to take a road trip or even an everyday drive. I would be willing to pay 6.99 to get the sports programming, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)