XM Radio 5.1 Suround

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Luke Skywatcher

Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
XM Radio has two channels, XM Pops (866) and Fine Tuning (855), that are broadcasting in 5.1 surround to its members. I do not believe that Directv is transmitting the 5.1 signal since my Denon 3802 does not recognize a 5.1 signal. Can anyone confirm this and is there any chance that we could get this in the future. If not, that is too bad because they play music recorded to DVD-Audio and SACD.

Hrmm, I have an XM radio, so, the question is, how do I output digital sound from it? Its a myfi delphi, and I only have an analog jack out of it. Cool though if they are broadcasting in 5.1. Any links?

In the latest edition of Sound and Vision magazine they have a whole article of how XM transmits their 5.1. They use some new type of encoding method so you'll have to buy a new audio tuner that has the ability to decode it.

They should have used a format that wouldn't have forced users to need new A/V units.

Neural Audio http://www.neuralsurround.com

Neural Audio Corporation, an audio development company specializing in digital signal processing solutions for broadcast and consumer electronics, is the developer of Neural Surround™, a proprietary audio format that embeds the rich envelopment and discrete image detail of surround sound and is 100% compatible with stereo content. Chosen by XM Satellite Radio as the format for their 24/7 XM HD Surround programming, Neural Surround™ will introduce the excitement of surround music to a broad audience. Neural Surround™ is supported by major home theater brands and automotive OEM's and is expected to be available in more than 50% of surround sound receivers starting in Spring '06. Neural Audio Corporation is a privately owned company headquartered in Kirkland, WA. For more information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts